turbo for 1.8 bpt gtx

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
custommx3gtx

turbo for 1.8 bpt gtx

Post by custommx3gtx »

would this size of turbo work well with the bpt gtx motor

GT28 0.63 A/R 56 trim GT35 compressor wheel 2.09 inlet 2.80 exducer comp flow 44 lbs
Exhaust side .82 A/R 76 trim 1.85/2.12
OsoSlo z28

Re: turbo for 1.8 bpt gtx

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

exhaust side is a bit too big. you want to stay in the .50's-.60's. last time i checked, turbine wheels were in stages, not trims. then again, it's early and i'm tired.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
custommx3gtx

Post by custommx3gtx »

i had corksport do a full rebuild for me on the motor and they got me a new turbo that was the specs he gave me for it. im was just wondering if it will work well with my rebuild
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Who at Corksport gave you the specs?? That turbo would probably be a little laggy but the top end of the power band would probably be smokie tires! The T28 exhaust side is pretty decent size, like a moderatly big T3 I believe! A GT35 Compressor is a big compressor! I think it would probably have similar out put to a medium T3/TO4E, maybe. The advantages of the GT35 compressor (I'm assuming it's a GT35 center section also) is that you could run much higher boost levels than the T3/T4 so it would spool quickly due to the ball bearing center section but shouldn't ramp up as hard as the T3/T4 which would allow you better traction. That would be my theory on those specs.

:welder:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Forced Induction”