3 i/c VS 2 i/c VS 1 i/c

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
VizualXTC

3 i/c VS 2 i/c VS 1 i/c

Post by VizualXTC »

Ok, I need backup on this. My friend has a Audi TT with the dual side mount intercoolers. He wants to install a 3rd FMIC onto the car. IMO this will do nothing more than put more restriction on the intake system, and cause a significant pressure drop. It may cool the air more, but without the pressure, an increase in power will not be realized. Now, I need more people that know how the turbo systems work to back me up so that he will not waste his money on a FMIC without replacing the 2 smal SMIC's.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
ryanlindenberg

Re: 3 i/c VS 2 i/c VS 1 i/c

Post by ryanlindenberg »

he should just install 1 GOOD front mount and get rid of the stock ones in my opinion.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by ryanlindenberg:
he should just install 1 GOOD front mount and get rid of the stock ones in my opinion.
quoted for agreement.. Adding another to the stream would hurt more. Most oem Ic's are not to efficent it owuld produce more power to just replace em.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

completely correct. any gain made with cooler air may be offset by the extra restriction. tell him about the saab viggen fmic its not bad for under a bar of boost.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

If he is after cooling the air that much you could do SEVERAL options better than that! You are are right on the money with your data. Here are some options:

-APEXi front mount is my favorite due to the delta fin design on the front w/ extended cooling fins on the back.
-Liquid to air IC
-NX n-tercooler chiller or DEI Cryo2 IC sprayer. You can also make your own with the windshield washer system spraying a mix of alcohol and water.
-Methanol Injection
-Nitrous
-Ceramic Coatings

I could go on and on! :freak:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “Forced Induction”