ZEX dry kit on 2.5

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mx3man83

ZEX dry kit on 2.5

Post by mx3man83 »

Well the time has come for me to get some more HP. I've decided that nitrous is the cheapest and easiest way to go. There is a ZEX kit I can get for 500 bucks. It comes with a 55, 65, and 75 jet(I'm going to be upgrading my fuel pump, by the way). When I go to the track I'd like to use the 75 jet. For around the street I'm thinking just a 55 shot. Has anyone ever used a 75 shot on their KLZE? How did it work out? Thanks.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Re: ZEX dry kit on 2.5

Post by mx3man83 »

One more thing..I'll be honest, I have no idea how to drive with nitrous. When at the track, what is the best time to hit the nitrous?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

did you say 55 shot for "street"????
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Yes I did. When I get a nice open space of road and someone wants to go, we go. I know how this board feels about street racing but that's not the issue here. Anybody have information on my question? Thanks.

<small>[ January 03, 2004, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</small>
My Cardomain site
dkrangers

Post by dkrangers »

I was planning on doing the ZEX system also, am I going to be needing to change the fuel pump? I also have a ZE and ZE ECU. I am putting on the new twin scoop CF hood also and wanted to have the option of the purge valves going off through the hood; should look sweet!!! But I am a college student and I am going to blow all my cash this summer on the hood and Nitrous system, so if I need to change the pump and other stuff also I might just have to use that cash for something else like more audio! I was hoping to maybe use the 75 shot if I hit the track or just like the 55 or maybe 65 once a weekish during the summer. Can the ZE and mainly stock '93 GS hold up to that?

Thanks
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

You might be able to get away with your stock fuel pump if you only run a 55 shot. For only 100 bucks more you can buy an upgraded fuel pump so just save yourself any possible future hassle and buy one. Anyone want to reply to the original question? I think i would probaly have to hit the nitrous after I shift to second gear so I don't lose traction(since I already do WITHOUT nitrous).
My Cardomain site
dkrangers

Post by dkrangers »

Where are you getting your fuel pump from and who is the maker? I found one pump on nopi.com and it was like $92 with a $45 core. But I am not sure if that is an upgrade or just a replacement.
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

just get an in-line fuel pump.....since nitrous isn't on ALL the time a discreet in-line fuel pump will be fine.

oh and the 55 shot for street had little to do with racing and more to do with the law.
around here it's a big no no to have nitrous on public roads and if you're cought they'll dump it on site.

<small>[ January 05, 2004, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Darren Hyderman ]</small>
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

I suggest that you go the probetalk and go to the nitrous oxide forum, they will be able to answer all of you questions. There is a sticky on the top of the main page made by a Pt member called Howlett. He is the nitrous man on that board.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

I ran a 55 shot of ZEX dry on my ZE this summer, it was FAST :) burnd up a bottle in about 2 days of heavy use. it really helps when murgeing into hiway traffic :) . first gear just spins, if you wait till about 4000 RPMs in second gear you will get some wheel spin but not too bad, with zex the key is this, it is activated ONLY by the throttle, there is no "button" like in the "Crap and the Crappest" movies, so what you do is arm it then just go about 7/8 throttle, when you want it to activate, go 100% throttle and it will turn on, so when you shift dont slam down the gas pedal or the added power of the nitrous will cause the tires to spin even when shifting into third, just shift with 7/8 throttle, let the tires get some traction then go 100% throttle then hold on.

I was useing my stock 200,000 KM 1.8 fuel pump, stock 80,000 KM fuel filter and had no problems with the engine going lean (I was also using 94 octain gas) or anything else, after I upgrade the fuel system I will use all the different jets on the dyno to see what this motor will put out.

Then it on to the twin turbos :)
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
wkdmx3gsr

Post by wkdmx3gsr »

I'm running a 35 dry shot on my 2.5ltr and it does wonders with stock fuel pump and a replaced fuel filter. really suprises all the big v8 mustangs and ss comaros they are all shocked when i beat them or they can't shake me in traffic. i have mine on a toggle switch so i can use all motor if i want to. for the summertimes i run my 14inch nt455 nitto drag radials on the street virtually no tire spin once heated up and killer take offs from light to light. bad part is they don't last long on the street.
1992 MAZDA MX-3 GSR 2.5LTR V-6
2005 SUBARU STI
2004 NISSAN ARMADA
http://www.cardomain.com/id/wkdmx3gsr
http://www.netuners.com

Return to “Forced Induction”