help me im dumb

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
MoBnicco

help me im dumb

Post by MoBnicco »

ok so i just started looking into engine swaps turbos nos etc.. i was hoping because everywhere i look i see gtx bpt all these letters that mean nothing to a 17 year old kid with little experience, just a love for this beautiful car and need for ownage. so please someone just tell me straight up and simple
what engine to go with i am looking at buying a 1994 mx with about 100km on it and i will sooner or later prolly sooner want to do an engine swap someone gimme some EASY straight forward answers to the types of engines availible and rules i should follow, im looking at wanting a street car for summer use only, and i dont wanna get my silly *** beaten by some flaming civic or crx pos. so just basically a list of engines i should want and what turbo i should get i realize this is a very broad request but ur patients and understanding and help is very kind.
thanks
-NiCCo
Soon To Be Mx3 :)
Zoom Zoom
papa roached

Re: help me im dumb

Post by papa roached »

look in the 4 cyl FAQ
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
DVH

Post by DVH »

Or...just look here:<p>IF you buy a MX-3 GS , which is the v6. These are some engines are available to you:
K8-DE 132 HP
K8-ZE 140 HP
2.0L KF-DE 150 HP?????
2.0L KF-ZE 165 HP
2.5L KL-03 160 HP
2.5L KL-DE 160 HP
2.5L KL-ZE 197 HP<p>If you buy a MX-3 RS, which is the 4 banger. These are some engines available to you:
1.8L BP 127 HP
1.6L B6T 132 HP
1.8L BPT GTx-Turbo 180 HP
1.8L BPT GTr-Turbo 210 HP (hard to find)<p>Now of course this is a very quick over veiw for you to look at, but remember, anything is possible with the right amount of money..... :) <p>PS: If i forgot anything or something is wrong, please feel free to correct me.... :p <p>later and good luck :cool:<p>[ August 09, 2003: Message edited by: DVH ]</p>
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
UnkleDuke

Post by UnkleDuke »

Hey Bro
I see you live in London...
If you want to get togethr some time and talk some stuff...
I have pretty pretty close to stock, but I'm working on a turbo project.
Whether I have the balls to blow up my engine is another story.<p>Drop me a line. cmorrison@gotmail.ca
Cheers.
No Sig
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

I was 17 when I did my BPT swap. And yes I payed for everything. But it is a great swap to do, if you have the right shop to do it, it an be pretty simple. Check out my cardomain site which is inmy sig and check out all the parts I had to buy along with it.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

For the K series engines, there are two series of each displacement.....<p>So:
K8-DE - 132 HP
K8-ZE - 140 HP
KF-DE - 150HP?????
KF-ZE - 165 HP
KL-DE - 160 HP
KL-ZE - 195 HP<p>The KF was the only engine that wasn't available in a North America spec car in either variation.
UnkleDuke

Post by UnkleDuke »

Hey Bro.
I'm in London too.
If you want to get together some time, let me know.
My RS is mostly stock, but it's a start;
whether I blow my engine up with a turbo or not.<p>Cheers
No Sig
UnkleDuke

Post by UnkleDuke »

I might get a Subaru anyway...
Then my X becomes a project car.<p>Thank God for options..!
No Sig
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

hmmm, sorry to break balls guys, but the klde has 164 HP, not 160... UNLESS of course its 96 and later, those have 160 for whatever reason, mazda decided to take the hp and trq down by 4 each.. 160hp and 156trq.. again sorry to break em but i just felt i should clarify that.. as ridiculous as it might sound lol. lates
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
DVH

Post by DVH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by thebonestockkid:
hmmm, sorry to break balls guys, but the klde has 164 HP, not 160... UNLESS of course its 96 and later, those have 160 for whatever reason, mazda decided to take the hp and trq down by 4 each.. 160hp and 156trq.. again sorry to break em but i just felt i should clarify that.. as ridiculous as it might sound lol. lates<hr></blockquote><p>thanx, never was that sure, just estimates.......<p> :D
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

and the bp 1.8l has about 127 hp(stock) not 137 but that would be nice
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
DVH

Post by DVH »

all fixed , thanx guys for the help ;)
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DVH:
2.5L KL-03 160 HP
2.5L KL-DE 160 HP
<hr></blockquote><p>
KL-03 and KL-DE are teh same engines, just known differently depending on who you talk to (so dont get confused), but i believe officially its a KLDE<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by thebonestockkid:
hmmm, sorry to break balls guys, but the klde has 164 HP, not 160... UNLESS of course its 96 and later, those have 160 for whatever reason, mazda decided to take the hp and trq down by 4 each.. 160hp and 156trq.. again sorry to break em but i just felt i should clarify that.. as ridiculous as it might sound lol. lates<hr></blockquote><p>Doesnt the KLDE in California have 160hp due to their emmission standards??<p>[ August 10, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Slight correction, still unsure about the KF,my KFZE is 170. (many diff models)<p>K8-DE - 132 HP
K8-ZE - 140 HP
KF-DE - 145
KF-ZE - 170 HP
KL-DE - 164 HP
KL-ZE - 200 HP
MoBnicco

Post by MoBnicco »

whoa u guys are frigin awesome, that helped me actualy know what the hell engines were which, i read something about the v6 only being able to be an auto or something anyone know anything about that?
and how hard is the 4 banger gt-r turbo to find i mean on a hard scale of 1-10 ten being impossible.
thanks
-NiCCo
Soon To Be Mx3 :)
Zoom Zoom

Return to “Forced Induction”