turbo 1.6l 4 cyl.

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
exdream_mx3

turbo 1.6l 4 cyl.

Post by exdream_mx3 »

I have a talon stock turbo and getting a custom manifold made. Planning on putting this on my 95 mx3 1.6l dohc. It has 106000 miles. Good idea or bad idea?????? Let me know your thoughts.. :shrug:
maldo

Re: turbo 1.6l 4 cyl.

Post by maldo »

That depends more on you than the turbo. What are you using for fuel enrichment? injectors? ecu? cooling? intercooler? fuel pump? fpr? Are you going to get 15psi out of it or be realistic and go for 6-12psi? How well do you maintain the rest of the car? <p>These are questions that need to be addressed be for I would even give you any advice as to whether or not it is a good idea for you to turbocharge this engine.<p>Keep us informed.
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

well thats the thing. I know nothing about turboing a car. I got the turbo, a conquest i/c, and a boost gauge off of a buddy for like 150. Heck of a deal!!! What all other parts would u recommend me doing or getting before slapping it on? My engine now in my opinion still runs strong for the mileage. I don't beat the car. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :confused:
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

just buy my setup and you wont have to worry :D :D <p>under boostedmx for sale in the for sale forum
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

i would but i only have 800 dollars to spend on getting it hooked up and running!!! I spent 150 on the turbo, ic, and gauge. That leaves me 650 right?
maldo

Post by maldo »

Instead of typing everything out again, go to the B6T swap info link in my sig, there is a lot of info there. Then I suggest you search in this forum as there is a lot of info that has already been discussed, you will find all the answers that you need.<p>FYI - a turbo system is never "slapped" together. ;)<p>[ July 04, 2003: Message edited by: maldo ]</p>

Return to “Forced Induction”