www.e-racer.com?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
zevirii

www.e-racer.com?

Post by zevirii »

Did anyone get the Ford Probe supercharger kit from www.e-racer.com to work? He says that its possible but will need extra work to fit in the FAQ's..<p>Any comments or sugestions?
zevirii

Re: www.e-racer.com?

Post by zevirii »

Ok check this out. I was looking at the probe kit and there isn't enough room for it. So I was thinking of going with the M62 Supercharger instead since it is alittle smaller.. THen using this extension kit to offset the drive system to one side. By doing this it might just make enough room to mount it in there .. With this setup it will use the shaft system from the probe kit. What do you guys think?<p>:p <p>[ June 07, 2003: Message edited by: zevirii ]<p>[ June 07, 2003: Message edited by: zevirii ]<p>[ June 07, 2003: Message edited by: zevirii ]</p>
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Anyone think this might work?
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

hehehe it amazing that if no one knows anything about something on here they avoid it like the plauge.. to me it appears reasonable enough to work but i am not of the v6 cliche.. if anything there is only one way to find out being wrong could be very exspensive though =]<p>if anything use a cad program and layout the engine bay and get the specs for eveything and see if it will fit
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

there is of course mazdamaniac man who had his v6 supercharged for awhile. So I imagine he would know the pros/cons about hooking up this type of system to the 2.5 and what is really involved in setting it up.<p>His is now turbocharged though, which leads me to believe that he had to many troubles with supercharging over a few years.<p>So I say do it.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

i just look at it.. no matter how big bad or hard the project is it can always be done, but the challenge is how much custom fabrication has to be done..
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
phr34k

Post by phr34k »

his car was also majorly 'Rigged' if you know what i mean. that wasn't even a legit supercharger<p>[Watch the racial comments! thats grounds of banishment]<p>[ June 17, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ty:
his car was also majorly 'afro-fied' if you know what i mean. that wasn't even a legit supercharger<hr></blockquote><p>hey what was so rigged about it, he came up with a solution, actually he blew a belt on the way back from nopi(least that is what i remeber) & he like how quiet also since the superchargers robs like 30 hp because of the belt system, he wanted to go turbo, so it was pretty easy since he had a fmu, extra injectors etc etc........it was just fabrication a manafold......
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ty:
his car was also majorly 'Rigged' if you know what i mean. that wasn't even a legit supercharger
<hr></blockquote><p>
You should research and talk with him instead of making such comments. He is very knowledgable. His supercharger wasnt "Legit?" There is no such thing as a "Legit" S/C. It works or it doesnt. a non LEGIT S/C would be like using an belt driven fan to blow air in the intake. Id think a Vortec S/C is pretty legit. He did go turbo, its safer, can up the boost on the fly, and better lauch times.

Return to “Forced Induction”