Nos

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mx34u2nve

Nos

Post by mx34u2nve »

I'm gettin my bottle filled and am trying it for the first time on tuesday. Its just a 40 shot. i'll tell ya how it goes.
Turbo 2.5l mx3
novadoc

Re: Nos

Post by novadoc »

good luck man
just be careful
NoVa<p>Image

Post by Guest »

wet or dry?
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

wet, my mechanics comein with me and showin me how to work it and stuff. and i know it was installed right so i dont' have to worry about it. and its a small shot so don't have to worry about that either
Turbo 2.5l mx3

Post by Guest »

wet is more unstable however use it carefully and right u be aiight my boy runs 75 wet on a neon for bout a year now he is ok u should be good too with a 40 for sho
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

wet is unstable? since when? I know you can have some puddling, but as for safety a wet system is safer than a dry system.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

I don't mind confessing my ignorance, if someone would be kind enough to explain: What's the difference between wet & dry?<p>40 shot - is that a bhp measurement or ?<p>Thanks.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Post by Guest »

no man wet is knowin to be more dangerous than dry....
the diference in power is hmm lets say 50 shot of we is like 4- 45 shot of dry depending on the car but the torqe wet has a lot more

Post by Guest »

* 40-45
ohhh if i could only spell in the mornings......
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

Wet system is mixed with your fuel lines.<p>Dry system is not. going into the intake as a vaper.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

There's so much misinformation here, so let me set the record straight:<p>1) Dry shots just inject N20 at the nozzle, then add fuel by increasing the fuel pressure of your stock injectors. Safe up until the point that your fuel pressure reaches ~85psi.<p>2) Wet shots inject the correct amount of fuel and nitrous at the nozzle. This is safe up to the limit of the stock internals. On some applications, some fuel puddling has occured, but I've never seen it happen on a K series manifold. <p>3) This is forced induction, and so belongs in the FI forum.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Thanks, David, for the clarity.<p>[ April 21, 2003: Message edited by: IanL ]</p>
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

My appologies for not clarifying my response. As for "dangerous" they wouldn't have a dry system on the market if it was dangerous. Although like Dave pointed out, after a certain point the dry system is safe. Safe meaning not a high chance of destrying the enigne. The reason a dry system is "dangerous" after the said 85psi of fuel pressure is because after that point the injectors can not provide the gas required. Therefore causing a lean environment prone to detonation and preignition. The way the dry system is set up is that the nozzle is placed before the MAF/VAF and will shoot the N2O from there. Then it's the computers job to calibrate how much fuel to add to burn the added oxygen. The wet system is safer because it provides it's own supply of gas, sometimes from a seperate fuel pump, but thru the same nozzle. This negates the possibility of a lean environment unless there is a travasty in the design of the system. This is fine in low HP shots as well as high HP shots. I recall something about a limit as to the suitable HP for a wet system. IIRC it was around 250, at that point a direct port configuration would be wise. I could be wrong as this is a vague memory. Now, the dry system will not produce puddling as I stated in the first post, but neither will the wet as long as you have the system set up right (i.e. ran only under full-throttle and no sharp bends in the intake) If there is anymore that I left out, please feel free to add/correct.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

I went to the place where i get my work done. and i got my bottle, and put it in then we went for a test drive. and i'm like "this isn't to impressive" so i drive all the way home, and my gauges were still at full psi. so i thought to myself "well mayeb its not to impressive cause its not working and that little boost was just my vris kickin in' so i call him up and he says coem back. and we found out that we were missing a fuse. so we plug it in take it out. and still "not to impressive" at that point i had decided that N20 was completely gay and i didn't like it. so then we come back and check to see if we're getting power to everywhere we needed it. and no we weren't so we hook that up, and try spraying it out the intake with the car off. SUCCESS. so we took it out for a test drive, and wow it was pretty good improvement for a 40 DRY SHOT (sorry if i said wet before i thought i had wet). so ya its a pretty big increase i highly reccoment n20 to anyone who wants a cheap increase in power. AND GET IT SET UP TO GO AT FULL THROTTLE NOT A BUTTON. cause when your really steppin on it do you really want to reach over and press a butotn. its so much better when you ahve the control at your foot
Turbo 2.5l mx3
mazda

Post by mazda »

how much
chill out

Return to “Forced Induction”