I need some info

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
powerman_5000

I need some info

Post by powerman_5000 »

I found a BPT engine for $550 USD shipped, but the thing is the turbo is gone. So I was wondering if a t3/t4 or 16g turbo would bolt right up without any modifications. I looked for some vj turbo's on the net, but i'm having trouble finding them for a reasonable price. I also want to know what kinda of front mount intercooler is the best, any suggestions.
ProtegeSTS

Re: I need some info

Post by ProtegeSTS »

no, only VJ series turbos will fit, but Larsen and others can build you a manifold to bolt on whatever you want.<p>As for an intercooler, I suggest researching this. Start with Corkey Bell's book.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

Thanks for the help. I've been meaning to buy that book of the longest time, but i'm just too lazy to go up to Barnes and Noble to buy it.
Manach

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by powerman_5000:
I found a BPT engine for $550 USD shipped, but the thing is the turbo is gone. So I was wondering if a t3/t4 or 16g turbo would bolt right up without any modifications. I looked for some vj turbo's on the net, but i'm having trouble finding them for a reasonable price. I also want to know what kinda of front mount intercooler is the best, any suggestions.<hr></blockquote><p>Vj turbo are also call IHI.. look into the FAQ
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
pelado

Post by pelado »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by powerman_5000:
Thanks for the help. I've been meaning to buy that book of the longest time, but i'm just too lazy to go up to Barnes and Noble to buy it.<hr></blockquote><p>Amazon.com delivered mine within two days of ordering it.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “Forced Induction”