A few questions...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
boostedmx

Re: A few questions...

Post by boostedmx »

i thought we talked about this!!! lol, j/k. the bov has 2 different chambers in it divided by a diaphragm(SP?). The bottom is the boost reference side. the top is the vacuum reference side. each side has a means of getting the reference vacuum or boost. be it by a barb fittings or whatever. the top chamber gets the vacuum connection and the bottom gets the boost. when the throttle is slammed shut it creates a vacuum in the intake side of the throttle plate. this also creates a vacuum in the upper diaphragm of the bov sucking it up. now since there is still boost being created the boost reference port still has boost so it helps the movement of the diaphragm by pushing up on it. the two(vacuum and boost) help to open the bov either into the atmosphere or into the intake tract. <p>this being said your boost signal can come from anywhere between the turbo and the throttle plate. the vacuum sorce has to come from the intake manifold after the throttle plate.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

Hey dude :) i get that! It's just does ANYONE have a picture of it tapped into the manifold? Like are there any pretapped spots on the mani? Sumone get me a pic just to shut me up please !!! :) Thanx guys!!!
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
pelado

Post by pelado »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by David Coleman:
CSV = BOV for all intents and purposes.<hr></blockquote><p>Thanks, this was easily figured out. Just in case you guys didn't get it, my point is that "Maximum Boost" gives very little information about blow off valves. The book could use an update.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “Forced Induction”