boost consequences: vacuum actuators!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
BATTOSAI

boost consequences: vacuum actuators!

Post by BATTOSAI »

I realized that the K8 engine has a lot of actuators that are operated by vacuum. If we put boost in the manifold instead of vacuum, of course they won´t work, but what it´s worse, Maybe they can be damaged! I suppose that the VRIS system must be unplugged from the vacuum line, because in a forced induction application, there´s no need of it´s working theory, and maybe boost can crack the vacuum reservoirs that stay beneath the intake manifold, which in my case are rally hardened because of the high temperature. How do you think that the FPR is going to react to boost when it was designed to be aspirated to win against the spring? What will happen if we put out it´s vacuum line? (note:I´m going to install a FMU after it)And what about the EGR solenoids and valves? I don´t know how they are going to work and what can be deducted of it´s lack of vacuum. And one of the most important: The BRAKE BOOSTER!! It´s always working or it only needs vacuum to be bleed at the start up moment? Will all the small vacuum hoses support boost or they will pop out? I think it´s an important issue to note!!
European Mx3 GsRT
maldo

Re: boost consequences: vacuum actuators!

Post by maldo »

Huh??<P>Turbocharging isn't going to cause the vaccum hoses to blow off, your brakes will still work, the actuators will still work, VRIS will still work.<P>You need to do research. Go purchase Corky Bell's book "Maximum Boost". Read all the previous posts on this site about boosting the K series motors. Read Jeff's site <A HREF="http://www.mazdamaniac.com" TARGET=_blank>Mazda Maniac</A> for very detailed info on boosting the K motor. Get educated then ask questions.
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

Don´t boo me, just because I ask questions that you think you have well-known. I must thank you because you replied my question, but I am really tired on this mood that´s being around here in which many guys think that they are Mr. Know-it-all. A bulletin board must be a friendship, not "the house of the a---holes". Man, in this shores( I´m from Spain), if people are interested in the same subject, no one gets booed, I don´t know what´s your matter...<p>[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: BATTOSAI ]
European Mx3 GsRT
maldo

Post by maldo »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> I don´t know what´s your matter... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>My matter is that all of your questions are simple ones that could have been answered by reading and searching. If you would have read, you would have found that no one who has turbocharged their k series motor, or even B series motor, has had to worry about the brakes working etc due to boost. <P>If you are looking at undertaking a turbocharging project, you will need to do a lot of your own research. If you can't handle the research aspect than I suggest you get someone else to do your project for you. <P>Nobody is "Booing" you, I am just asking you to come prepared with some background/basic knowledge before you start asking questions. That is all. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

i think taking your time and answering other peoples questions is a very good thing. --even if they dont have the knowledge or havent done a search. things may be learned from, that were not in the previous posts or the searches. yes if you know for a fact that something has been covered show them the way to it. we have to support our mx-3 newbies :D <BR> And to answer your questions,<BR>when an engine is at WOT on a na car it looses all vacuum. at that point none of the actuators could work because they are designed to work on vacuum only. so putting boost to them wouldnt effect anything because they are already shut. same for the fpr it is designed to open with vacuum...- when it looses it @WOT it closes off the line to a certain extent raising fuel pressure to supply the injectors with more fuel. as for lines blowing off, i dont think you would have to worry about it but should at least zip tie the ends to make sure they dont come off. the last question about the brake booster-- it does have some negative effect. if you were to be using the brakes under some weird circumstance under boost :D
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maldo:<BR><STRONG>My matter is that all of your questions are simple ones that could have been answered by reading and searching. If you would have read, you would have found that no one who has turbocharged their k series motor, or even B series motor, has had to worry about the brakes working etc due to boost. <BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I just don't get it. Instead of being a jerk, why not either answer the question, or just hit the little "back" button on the top of the browser window? <P>Although Maldo's post wasn't an snide as some others he's posted, or that other jerks on the board post.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boostedmx:<BR><STRONG> i think taking your time and answering other peoples questions is a very good thing. --even if they dont have the knowledge or havent done a search. things may be learned from, that were not in the previous posts or the searches. yes if you know for a fact that something has been covered show them the way to it. we have to support our mx-3 newbies <http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/biggrin.gif> <BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Here Here. It's nice to see that there are other civilized people on this board. I just want to say thank you man.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

thank you to all, guys
European Mx3 GsRT
pelado

Post by pelado »

I side with Maldo on this one.<P>I admire the determination that it takes to turbo a MX-3, however.....<BR>If you're serious about installing a turbo, then you should do some serious research. Researching by posting basic questions on a forum is NOT the way to do this.<P>In my opinion, asking quesions without OBVIOUSLY doing outside research is a sign of disrespect for the members of this board. If you could ask Corky Bell a question, then would you ask him, "Which side of the turbo is up?" I think not. I think his response would be, "Get my book, then come back when you know more."<P>Battosai HAS been shown the way, earlier posts have hinted that he should get "Maximum Boost" and one thread has been closed by a moderator for being too basic. There's being supportive and then there's spoon feeding.<P>I used to type long winded explanations of basic stuff but I ain't doin' it no mo', but..... this is not the last time I'm voicing a long winded opinion about this topic. So there!! :D<p>[ October 15, 2002: Message edited by: pelado ]
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
BATTOSAI

Post by BATTOSAI »

I am a bit angry with all this stuff. Topics like installing a leaf blower as a f.i. or lots of topics refeering to electronic superchargers, air conditioners,etc...(all respectable guys) get at least one polited answer, and the post of mine, refeering about the VAF location is closed because it is too basic,..<BR>come on,I can´t belive this. I don´t agree on closing topics, everyone has the right to post whatever they think, suggest, find out or dislike, and if someone doesn´t want to answer to a post, he isn´t forced to do it. I´m sorry if you think that my questions are "BASIC", but I´d like to check all your posts just when you started on this board and look if your ideas have been as clever as now. I´d like to request that my topic must be opened again, in case if someone more open minded can throw me a hand. (I have the f*****g book ordered for two weeks,and at least I have to wait one or two more) and I started working on the project now because my schedule lets me (I have a 9 hours full job and try to carry a decent motocross racing career), so maybe that´s what forces me to try to take advantage on the project with it´s pro´s and con´s as fast as I can. <BR>I think that everybody must be more comprehensive on each other, and undertsand that nobody has the same spare time as many of you have, which limits the research efectivity.<BR>I disagree on the ones that think that I don´t do outside research. You are wrong. Realize that the questions that I am asking are questions that the one who can answer better is someone who has boosted a K motor, and they are especific enough to show that I care. I only ask the questions that I can´t solve, and take a look at the search feature on the bulletin, on google, or wherever you want on the web about what I'am talking about and tell me how many matches do you find.Oh, I forgot, there´s Corky Bell!!<p>[ October 15, 2002: Message edited by: BATTOSAI ]
European Mx3 GsRT
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

HAHA, I understand. I'm not siding with anyone. However, I do agree with what boostedmx is saying about keeping the replies to helpful terms rather than "booing" their questions. If someone gets ignored enuff times they'll realize that their question is either inappropriate, or just plain annoying. Maldo did give the information well and I commend him on that. Definatly the first thing you should do before putting forced induction on your car is buy a book that outlines it. Corky Bell's books (Maximum Boost and Supercharged) do that VERY well. I think that we should go to Mr. Bell and ask for a discount for everyone on this board that is buying his book :)<P>Funny thing is, he voices his opinion on questions such as "What turbo will make my car go fast"
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Well i know that I get tired of reading posts of guys saying "search, search....blah blah"..the Search on this site isnt that wonderful if you all havent noticed!! You get all kinds of garbage!!! I like personal interaction, i like answering questions for people, even if its fifteen hundred times. You know what, in alot of cases, every time you answer a question you learn more yourself, as something hits you that hasnt before, you get more ideas...just my thoughts....take them as you wish
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3man83:<BR><STRONG>Well i know that I get tired of reading posts of guys saying "search, search....blah blah"..the Search on this site isnt that wonderful if you all havent noticed!! You get all kinds of garbage!!! I like personal interaction, i like answering questions for people, even if its fifteen hundred times. You know what, in alot of cases, every time you answer a question you learn more yourself, as something hits you that hasnt before, you get more ideas...just my thoughts....take them as you wish</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Man, tell you what. You have a ? then ask it. If those peeps wanna be asses and post "search" then so be it, but for sure you'll get some viable information from me or other peeps on the board that like being nice.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
maldo

Post by maldo »

I know we have had this discussion a million times but really, just cause we ask people to search for all the posts that have already been discussed on this topic doesn't make us @sses. If you want to be spoon fed, so be it. You only learn the exact answer that way. If you do the research yourself, you gain a lot more. How do you think any of us got where we are? Research. Who was Vaughn able to call up and ask how to do the KLZE swap? Nobody, he is the originator. Just like I didn't have a lot of help when I did the B6T swap, there was only around 4 MX-3 B6Ts running around in the world that time. It took me 6 months to get everything worked out thru trial and error.<P>It is better to think for yourself than have others do the thinking for you. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P>Flame on...

Return to “Forced Induction”