Twin Turbo 1.8 or 2.5 klze!!!!!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
FinaJet07

Twin Turbo 1.8 or 2.5 klze!!!!!

Post by FinaJet07 »

I was just checking out knight turbo's home page and they make a twin turbo kit for the klze and regular 1.8v6!!!! It is expensive but if u got the extra cash im sure the horse power would be off the hook!!!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Twin Turbo 1.8 or 2.5 klze!!!!!

Post by Custommx3 »

I wouldnt buy the kit from T knight. Ive heard some bad things about them.
aznwithamx3

Post by aznwithamx3 »

is twin turbo better than single turbo? dont ppl who have twin turbo engines swap them for single turbos?
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

personally i think your better off to go with nitrous one a k series motor.. it has a LOT more potential.. and is also streetable
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lance:<BR><STRONG>I was just checking out knight turbo's home page and they make a twin turbo kit for the klze and regular 1.8v6!!!! It is expensive but if u got the extra cash im sure the horse power would be off the hook!!!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You're a few days late posting this.....very old news.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

I thought there is not enought displacement for TT in 1.8L ....
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

all things can be custom, throw the battery in the back, the coolant overflow in the fenderwell and you got worlds of new room!!!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
FinaJet07

Post by FinaJet07 »

yeah pelado and your f*ckin d---, sorry its old news to you, i just thought i'd share with the few that didnt know. thanks for throwin you 2 cents in though.
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

I dunno much about TT VS turbo but I've heard alot of people switching from twin to single!? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P>Wouldn't a Dual Stage Turbo system be the best? (like the rx7 Turbo II... i think)<P>a small turbo to speed up the engine until the BIG GUNNER kicks in???
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nic Beique:<BR><STRONG>a small turbo to speed up the engine until the BIG GUNNER kicks in???</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes but on an rx-7 you have better gearing, as for the k8 a single turbo is more effecient for us cause it kicks in earlier, I sure i sound like an idiot cause i cant phrase what i am trying to say but that is the gist of it
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lazzyie:<BR><STRONG><P>Yes but on an rx-7 you have better gearing, as for the k8 a single turbo is more effecient for us cause it kicks in earlier, I sure i sound like an idiot cause i cant phrase what i am trying to say but that is the gist of it</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Singles are less efficient, due to the big exhaust manifolds needed to run a single on a "V" motor.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>Singles are less efficient, due to the big exhaust manifolds needed to run a single on a "V" motor.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I imagine he was talking about realistic instead of efficient. Plus the post above was I believe talkin about a passive setup. Like the little turbo running both banks (same as a single turbo) and then the big turbo taking over (still a single turbo).
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

Twin turbs are nice but complex and alot more vaccum hoses to worry about when the s--- breaks down. <P>What you want(depending on your insanity levels) is a larger turbo.... one big one that just pumps. If you get a proper ECU setup ie: motec or the like, you can tune your car to run with little turbo lag and HUGE MONSTEROUS BOOST. Alot of jap competition cars change over from 2 to just one big one..... just alot more power rather then timing and synchronizing one to take over from the other.
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>I imagine he was talking about realistic instead of efficient. Plus the post above was I believe talkin about a passive setup. Like the little turbo running both banks (same as a single turbo) and then the big turbo taking over (still a single turbo).</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>hmm, realistic? There is enough room to mount 2 small turbos in the MX-3 engine bay. And you meant "sequential" as opposed to what i was talking about, which is "parallel". Seequentials are hard to tune...and why Supra and RX-7 owners get rid of them.<P>Most of the retardedly high hp japanese cars are dyno queens, never seeing the streets. Those cars are, in my opinion, a waste of gasoline. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>But Supras use an inline 6. If you notice, the 300ZX TT owners, which is the only big import V turbo motor, dont goto singles. They use twins, because of the V configuration. Look at all the big Domestic Buick Turbos...all twins.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>hmm, realistic? There is enough room to mount 2 small turbos in the MX-3 engine bay. And you meant "sequential" as opposed to what i was talking about, which is "parallel". Seequentials are hard to tune...and why Supra and RX-7 owners get rid of them.<P>Most of the retardedly high hp japanese cars are dyno queens, never seeing the streets. Those cars are, in my opinion, a waste of gasoline. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>But Supras use an inline 6. If you notice, the 300ZX TT owners, which is the only big import V turbo motor, dont goto singles. They use twins, because of the V configuration. Look at all the big Domestic Buick Turbos...all twins.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Dont forget the 3000GT/Stelth 3.0L V6 Twin Turbo, very upgradeable and fast with AWD. And "domestic buick turbos"? You mean like the Grand National? The motors in those cars are V6 and they all have single turbos. Or are you referring to something else?

Return to “Forced Induction”