Turbo for my 1994 Rs DOHC

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Runninit

Turbo for my 1994 Rs DOHC

Post by Runninit »

Hey whats up eveyrone i am looking for a turbo for my 1994 mazda mx-3 i am really interested in finding one and if anyone can suggest some good palces to go or anything please do.. i have been reading some other posts and people just write about other thigns so therefore can someone let me know where i can find a turbo and how much it would run me? Thanx
Mx-3 all the way baby! It aint a girls car thats all i have to say...
ProtegeSTS

Re: Turbo for my 1994 Rs DOHC

Post by ProtegeSTS »

turbos are universal...<P>Read MAXIMUM BOOST, by Corky Bell. You can find it at Barnes and Noble.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

Well since everyone seems to be in a "lets not give advice mood" i think i'll help you out. You have some choices, but go to <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.corksport.com/</A> and look around. You could also get the manifold of a 323gtx. I guess prices would depend from area to area. Also, looking in junkyards is a good idea, just find out if it has been re-built or not. good luck!
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

if he simply wants a turbo, ebay or a junkyard the places to look.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

<A HREF="http://www.turbotrix.com" TARGET=_blank>www.turbotrix.com</A> <P>it'd prob be cheaper to throw a nitrous shot in there...a lot less labor too
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
TopGun

Post by TopGun »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>if he simply wants a turbo, ebay or a junkyard the places to look.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Seriously - you drive a Protege, get a life and go to a different forum! You keep saying "turbo's are universal blah blah".. when someone says they want to put a turbo in their car, they don't mean on the passenger seat, and they don't mean floating.<P>The turbo SYSTEM is implied.<P>Sheesh.<P>Flame on.
Speed Kills - Drive a honda, live forever...
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Top Gun:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>Seriously - you drive a Protege, get a life and go to a different forum! You keep saying "turbo's are universal blah blah".. when someone says they want to put a turbo in their car, they don't mean on the passenger seat, and they don't mean floating.<P>The turbo SYSTEM is implied.<P>Sheesh.<P>Flame on.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> LOL
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Top Gun:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>Seriously - you drive a Protege, get a life and go to a different forum! You keep saying "turbo's are universal blah blah".. when someone says they want to put a turbo in their car, they don't mean on the passenger seat, and they don't mean floating.<P>The turbo SYSTEM is implied.<P>Sheesh.<P>Flame on.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>No, many people DO NOT understand the fact that the entire thing IS a system. I know far too many, and have seen thousands more people online that do not have the first clue as to what is involved in building a proper turbo system.<P>People need to LEARN how everything works in conjunction with everything else. <P>What SHOULD I answer to the original question? <P>"where can i get a turbo *system*?" The only 2 answers would be "do it yourself" or "goto a shop and pay money for them to build you one" If you have a better reply, go for it.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Top Gun:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>Seriously - you drive a Protege, get a life and go to a different forum! You keep saying "turbo's are universal blah blah".. when someone says they want to put a turbo in their car, they don't mean on the passenger seat, and they don't mean floating.<P>The turbo SYSTEM is implied.<P>Sheesh.<P>Flame on.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>By the way, how about you tell me what the differences are, aside from what they LOOK like between a Protege and MX-3.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

hey hey chill before a moderator come in.....i think someone has a pdf of how to turbo your RS.......<BR>that is all you had to say....some people dont understand that and are looking for knowledge.....<P>they say knowledge is power<P>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com

Return to “Forced Induction”