Turboing the stock RS 1.6.... worth it?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
David Coleman

Re: Turboing the stock RS 1.6.... worth it?

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx-k:<BR><STRONG>its kinda hard to filter out all the useful and useless posts. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What do you think we've had to do for the years we've been researching this stuff? I know I for one have read every single post in the V6 forum both here and Probetalk.com, as well as most of the posts on the various mailing lists for the last 3 years. If you expect to get easy answers quick, too bad, cause there aren't any. And don't bite the hand that feeds you, unless you want to starve. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

asking intelligent questions that show that youre at least "trying" to learn is also key to making us take time to answer your questions. Asking a question like, "how much horsepower can i get from a turbo?" shows that you're not trying to learn.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
bakedyeti

Post by bakedyeti »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> How much of a power increase did you get from the turbo? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> with the turbo set to 7.5 psi (fairly safe on your engine) you should technically be getting 50% more HP. you can aslo turn up your boost higher for more power. since normal atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi (i think) 14.7 psi (1 bar) of boost will double your HP (your getting twice as much air) and it goes on like that 29.4 psi will triple HP. This is assuming everything is 100% Efficient.<P><BR>okay now i have a question. how is the 1.6 SOHC engine different than the 1.6 DOHC engine. because if been reading kick @$$ mazda's how to on turbo which is very helpfull, but i noticed his engine was DOHC and mine is SOHC.
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakedyeti:<BR><STRONG> <BR>okay now i have a question. how is the 1.6 SOHC engine different than the 1.6 DOHC engine. because if been reading kick @$$ mazda's how to on turbo which is very helpfull, but i noticed his engine was DOHC and mine is SOHC.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well the DOHC engine has a better breathing head since it can take in more air and get it out better due to more valves and more valve area. The more air you can cram in the better.
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>asking intelligent questions that show that youre at least "trying" to learn is also key to making us take time to answer your questions. Asking a question like, "how much horsepower can i get from a turbo?" shows that you're not trying to learn.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Seems that my post was deleted, I wonder who deleted it..........Like I said before and i'll say it again, just answer his question. If he did or didn't look up the information it isn't your right to judge him. Just give some advise or shut up.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

sorry but this thread is getting WAY out of hand.. Topic closed.

Return to “Forced Induction”