new engine?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
charcutron

new engine?

Post by charcutron »

hi<BR>i have the 4cyl dohc and im looking for more hp.<BR>what kind of engine can i put ?<BR>I dont want to have fiting trouble<BR>tell me what engine can i fit and what parts i will have to change.(i eard of a gtx engine or something like that)<BR>give me some information please<BR>thanks alot<BR>sorry for my english im french<BR> :D
charcutron
Shady469
Supporting Member

Re: new engine?

Post by Shady469 »

look around in this forum and you should be able to find some stuff. I think the B6T is the most common swap b/c theres less involved (1.6L DOHC turbo around 150hp (j-spec). <BR>the GTX and GTR motor are 1.8L turbo motors that require a different tranny. But these motors are beasts so personally i think its worth the hassle.<BR>all the 3 motors can take beatings and high boost levels. but like i said look around in this forum and the Forced Induction forum and u'll find somethin.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
charcutron

Post by charcutron »

talk me about the b6t please.<BR>i want to know all what i have to change if i fit this engine in my mx-3.<BR>and where this engine come from?<BR>thanx<BR> ;)
charcutron
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

first you need to set goals. to what extent are you willing to do a swap? for example: with the b6t, you have to cut a hole in your hood to fit the intake manifold. with the bpt, it's suggested to get a tranny from the pro lx. there's pro's and cons to each swap. it all comes down to preference...do you want a 1.6 or a 1.8. if you're serious about hp, the 1.8 will hold more in the long run. just set goals, then figure out where to go from there.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
charcutron

Post by charcutron »

ok if i buy the b6t the only thing i have to do is to cut a hole on my hood?<BR>all the rest will fit?<BR>and can you get for me a b6t picture?<BR>and in what car came a b6t?<BR>do i have to change the tranny to?<BR>lot of question hey.. ;)
charcutron
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

check out <A HREF="http://mx3rsr.tripod.ca" TARGET=_blank>chris malden's</A> page. the motor came out of the 88-89 323 gtx.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
maldo

Post by maldo »

Thanks, you beat me too it. There is more to it than just cutting the hood. Join the 323GTX egroup,lots of info there. Do a few searches, I think everything has been discussed at one point in time.

Return to “Forced Induction”