ZEX-Nitrous Kit - Worth buying/Where to order?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Malcom05

ZEX-Nitrous Kit - Worth buying/Where to order?

Post by Malcom05 »

Hello Everybody,<BR>I just wondered wether any of you already installed a ZEX-Nitrous injection kit into a Mazda MX3 V6, or if it at lesat is possible at all. <P>If so, do you think the cost <-> performance relation is ok?<P>The next problem that I face when planning to buy a ZEX-Kit is where to get it from, of course there are a lot of Aftermarket-Part-Seller who distribute it, but I live in Germany and I'm not sure wether any of these would ship parts to Europe. Any ideas?<P>Thanks for your help!<P>*** Greetz ***<BR>*** Malcom ***
David Coleman

Re: ZEX-Nitrous Kit - Worth buying/Where to order?

Post by David Coleman »

Moved to the Forced Induction Forum.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

i got one for my SOHC 4cyl , but i haven't put it in yet. the Zex people said it would work. for performance vs. money i think nitrous is the cheapest way to get lots of HP. (well unless you blow up your motor)<BR>my 2 cents...
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
georgechicken

Post by georgechicken »

Zex is based here in Memphis, TN. If I'm not mistaken, they're a division of Hypertech (makers of many performance EPROMS and performance ECU's)... I have several friends in the Honda community out here that are very satisfied with their ZEX setups... I've looked over the setup, and it is fairly similar to my old NOS kit I had on my '95 RS mx-3... I dont know how they compare in price, but im sure you cant go wrong with the ZEX setups. Visit <A HREF="http://WWW.ZEX.COM" TARGET=_blank>WWW.ZEX.COM</A> to order, or to find ZEX dealers. good luck!<BR>George
--Maybe the Hippopotamus was just a really cool Apotamus.--
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Shady - how much did you pay for the kit?
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

i got it 2nd hand from a guy that had a prelude (he wanted a bigger boost so he's going w/ the Venom set up) for 425 w/ the bottle filled 3/4 with medical grade nitrous and a bottle warmer.<BR> i think normally it costs around 510 for the kit, 90ish for the warmer. I also got a NOS brand purge kit (same as the ZEX one) from summit for 100. prices U.S.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

i'd say around $450-500 for a zex kit. Zex basically makes 3 kits<P>1. v8's<BR>2. Nissans and Infinitis<BR>3. Everything else<P>the MX-3 GS TPS puts out 4.5 @ WOT, so that's the kit you'd need...i used to have mine setup in my GSX and loved it...<p>[ March 24, 2002: Message edited by: Bri94GS ]
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
EvilSnot

Post by EvilSnot »

<A HREF="http://speedpeople.com" TARGET=_blank>speedpeople.com</A> $499 :P I think I've seen it cheaper someplace else though.....
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George Jefferson:<BR><STRONG>Zex is based here in Memphis, TN. If I'm not mistaken, they're a division of Hypertech (makers of many performance EPROMS and performance ECU's)... I have several friends in the Honda community out here that are very satisfied with their ZEX setups... I've looked over the setup, and it is fairly similar to my old NOS kit I had on my '95 RS mx-3... I dont know how they compare in price, but im sure you cant go wrong with the ZEX setups. Visit <A HREF="http://WWW.ZEX.COM" TARGET=_blank>WWW.ZEX.COM</A> to order, or to find ZEX dealers. good luck!<BR>George</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Actually..<BR>Zex is part of Competition cams. I went there friday and picked up a catalog with a friend. Its right down the street from my work. Hypertech is off of Sycamore View, Zex and Comp Cams are on Democrat Rd beside each other.<p>[ March 24, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]

Return to “Forced Induction”