turbo charging your 1.8l V6!!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
93 mx-3 gs/se

Re: turbo charging your 1.8l V6!!

Post by 93 mx-3 gs/se »

I just bought maximum boost at barnes n noble. It is a really good book, basically the bible on turbocharging. That book was $35.00!!! It will be worth it though. I couldn't find one copy for sale on ebay. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Ray

Post by Ray »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Actually, for the street, a K8 turbo would be more practical than a KL turbo. Less torque means less broken trannies and axles and an easier time getting traction. 1 bar on a K8 should get you ~250whp, which is going to be a very quick street car. Just drop in some KJS injectors which after 99 were rated @ 305cc/min IIRC. <BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Hi David and THANKS for your advice in the past, but if you leighten your flyweel, then you will you also lose some torque in the low rev, and gain some faster acc. OR have I misunderstand something here, just wondering, <BR>Best Regards<BR>Ray
Ray
2.5L if you try - you can't without it
corona

Post by corona »

David what do you mean by "1 bar on a K8 should get you ~250whp"<P>i don't get it!!! [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
"Its not how you stand beside your car, is how you race it"<BR> Ja-Rule
maldo

Post by maldo »

1 bar is another form of measurement of pressure. 1 bar is equivalent to ~14psi. Some of the gauges from HKS, Greddy, etc. only measure in BAR, autometer is in PSI.
pelado

Post by pelado »

To expound on Maldo's post, BAR is short for barometric and barometric pressure is, at sea level, 14.7 psi. One bar = 14.7, two bar = 29.4, etc. This is a standard form of measurement for pressure in some other countries.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pelado:<BR><STRONG>To expound on Maldo's post, BAR is short for barometric and barometric pressure is, at sea level, 14.7 psi. One bar = 14.7, two bar = 29.4, etc. This is a standard form of measurement for pressure in some other countries.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Be advised that you are already running one bar of pressure (14.7PSI) in your NA engine. So like pelado stated, with one bar of boost pressure there will be ~29.4PSI in your combustion chamber. Maximum Boost will outline every concern you have about turbocharging. It is an excellent buy.<P>BTW I bought mine for $24 at <A HREF="http://www.booksamillion.com" TARGET=_blank>www.booksamillion.com</A>
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG>......... Just drop in some KJS injectors which after 99 were rated @ 305cc/min IIRC.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Where do you get these injectors?
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>Where do you get these injectors?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>They are injectors from a Millenia S 2.3L Miller cycle supercharged engine. I'd try my local Mazda dealer.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pelado:<BR><STRONG>To expound on Maldo's post, BAR is short for barometric and barometric pressure is, at sea level, 14.7 psi. One bar = 14.7, two bar = 29.4, etc. This is a standard form of measurement for pressure in some other countries.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>not to be confrontational, but 1 bar = 14.50326 psi
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>not to be confrontational, but 1 bar = 14.50326 psi</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Actually, my Ti89 says its 1bar = 14.503773773psi. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>Actually, my Ti89 says its 1bar = 14.503773773psi. :p
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

so how much pressure could a 1.8L take before it blows?
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SE-Man:<BR><STRONG>so how much pressure could a 1.8L take before it blows?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nobody knows for sure. One way to find out...
David Coleman
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Ok, whats the max pressure you'd suggest putting in one?

Return to “Forced Induction”