BPT

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Smokin mx-3

BPT

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

how much boost can the bpt handle on stock internals?<BR>and how much horse can it produce at max boost <BR>I have a kl-ze and want more power
VizualXTC

Re: BPT

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smokin mx-3:<BR><STRONG>how much boost can the bpt handle on stock internals?<BR>and how much horse can it produce at max boost <BR>I have a kl-ze and want more power</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It would cost more to swap a BPT 4 cyl engine into your GS than to build a custom turbo for your ZE.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

the compression on the kl-ze is 10:1 and at max I could only run 9 psi maybe to sure about that I will be doin the swap my self <BR>so it is all good<BR>anyone now a place in canada that sells the bpt
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smokin mx-3:<BR><STRONG>how much boost can the bpt handle on stock internals?<BR>and how much horse can it produce at max boost <BR>I have a kl-ze and want more power</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Hmm, 25-30 lbs with good tuning.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>Hmm, 25-30 lbs with good tuning.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You will still be able to swap internals and turbocharge for less than the BPT. I'm sure you can get more power from the ZE than the BPT. Just have to take a little time to figure out what to do with it.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>You will still be able to swap internals and turbocharge for less than the BPT. I'm sure you can get more power from the ZE than the BPT. Just have to take a little time to figure out what to do with it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmm, GTX motor can easily hold 400 hp on stock internals. <P>Honestly, if youre building a drag only car, get the BPT, if not, put a turbo on the ZE.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Forced Induction”