NOS on 1.6L

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Shoalinfist

NOS on 1.6L

Post by Shoalinfist »

My friend got me a good deal on 60 shot from NOS. What else do I need besides the 7's fuel pump(Got plugs, wires, new fuel filter, customized ram air)?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: NOS on 1.6L

Post by cjthor »

That should be it... Just watch that clutch!! <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shoalinfist:<BR><STRONG>My friend got me a good deal on 60 shot from NOS. What else do I need besides the 7's fuel pump(Got plugs, wires, new fuel filter, customized ram air)?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

You are also going to need a fuel pressure regulator risor to deliver the proper fuel pressure when the nos is injected, unless you go with a wet system which is much safer than dry system. I am running a 85shot of nos with a msd 6al ignition system and a msd window switch for the nos so I can change when the nos starts a finishes by RMP. I also have a standalone paxton racing fuel system regulator and paxton external fuel pump for more fuel. And yes, be careful of the stock clutch becuase it will slip eventually and you will need to upgrade to a performance clutch.<P>good luck <BR>hope this helps<BR>Killermx3
Shoalinfist

Post by Shoalinfist »

I heard/read that the "wet" is for turbo or sc engines, will it still work for mine?
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

Forsure! The wet system feeds the right amount of fuel to go with the nos and it enables you to run higher shots of juice without damaging the motor. The main failure of motors after nos is not enought fuel supplied during spray.<P>Killermx3
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

get a walbro fuel pump, they;re cheaper, and you can get more flow than you;ll ever need for bout the same price as an rx-7 pump
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont

Return to “Forced Induction”