J-Spec B6T Swap Directions

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Swego

Re: J-Spec B6T Swap Directions

Post by Swego »

Thanks for all the nice info! I just found a 323 turbo. The dealer was closed (it's sunday!) so I don't know the cost yet: if it's not too expansive I'll get the B6T out of it.<P>By the way, how much time did it take to do the swap?
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

Hey, does the apex-i controller change or remove the revlimiter and the speed limiter? And what do you think the max horsepower you are pushing at the wheels? Sounds like a ton of work to make the swap work properly so I just want to see the final out come before possibly doing the swap.<P>Thanks <BR>Killer mx3
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Swego:<BR><STRONG>Thanks for all the nice info! I just found a 323 turbo. The dealer was closed (it's sunday!) so I don't know the cost yet: if it's not too expansive I'll get the B6T out of it.<P>By the way, how much time did it take to do the swap?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Aww, thats really too bad. The 323 GT and GTX are so very rare now, and cherished by their owners...you should leave them be an import B6Ts.<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

oo7sniper, you said not to turn your boost up past 14-15psi on the stock set-up. i was wondering how you can reach 14-15psi on the stock setup. wouldn't the factory waste-gate prohibit going past the 8-10psi mark? or is it possible by increasing exhaust flow? i don't really know...that's why i'm asking.<p>[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
maldo

Post by maldo »

To increase boost you need a boost controller, easiest way is with a MBC. I have the TurboXS one and it works very well. I have the boost set at 14psi but recently turned it down to 10psi. The problem is that there won't be enough fuel at higher rpm with full boost. The system can manage it at 14psi but not extremely well. Easiest cure would be to use a RR-FPR with the current setup. Another good mod is to rewire the fuel pump for more voltage.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

but how does that overcome the stock setting of the wastegate? that's what i'm trying to find out. i understand the basics to simply raising the boost level...i'm trying to figure out how you can achieve the higher level with a stock wastegate. are you using your stock fuel pump?
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
Swego

Post by Swego »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P>Aww, thats really too bad. The 323 GT and GTX are so very rare now, and cherished by their owners...you should leave them be an import B6Ts.<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The car is at a dealer and the body is full of rust. I just hope the engine is still in good condition. Have to go and check it out soon.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i've already got my electronics:apex s-afc and avc-r. i was talking to derrick today and he mentioned that the stock wastgate setting on the bpt is around 9psi. he mentioned that exhaust release is a way to increase boost(or something to that effect). i understand the closed loop boost controller holds the wastegate completely closed until reaching desired boost levels in turn creating better boost response rather than letting the wastegate gradually open therefore making your turbo more efficient. i just don't understand how the boost controller lets you raise the boost levels over the wastegate. i guess i must consult my bible(maximum boost) tomorrow to fully understand. but thanks for trying to cram info into this thick head of mine
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

hey...i knew that. i just didn't remember. now that i feel dumb, i want to thank you for re-informing me. thanks.<P>the other part of our(me and derrick) discussion was talking about another bpt swap. now that i think about it, he didn't say the guy had boost controller(or a closed loop one) that's why he said they could only run 9-10psi because of the stock setting on the wastegate. now everything is falling back into place.<p>[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics

Return to “Forced Induction”