stuffed door locks

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
back alley

stuffed door locks

Post by back alley »

i can't get my key into the passenger side door lock. worked yesterday but not this morning.
i think someone stuffed something in there.
any ideas as to how to unstuff it? :rant2:
sweetmx3

Re: stuffed door locks

Post by sweetmx3 »

if it is cold there still and water has seeped into the lock and maybe frozen itself inthere has happened to me but also my pass side lock won't work either if is seized i think brake fluid works very well.
back alley

Post by back alley »

not cold enought to be frozen, was 24 c here the other day.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Originally posted by back alley:
i can't get my key into the passenger side door lock. worked yesterday but not this morning.
any ideas as to how to unstuff it? :rant2:
youll most likely will have to take door panel off and remove "stuffings" from inside
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
TekPmp

Post by TekPmp »

You could take the interior door panel off and unbolt the exterior door lock/handle. In order to get the door lock/handle out of the door you have to disconnect 2 slim metal bars that actuate the interior door lock and release the door. Each bar is fastened to the door lock/handle with a small plastic clip. Just to be safe I would take a picture of the way they clip on to the bars (reassembly can be VERY tricky.) Once you remove the clips from the lock/handle assembly you can maneuver it out carefully from the exterior of the car. With the lock/handle assembly removed, you will notice slits or gaps going down the lock barrel. If you see any debris/stuffings lodged in there you can take a safety pin and gently work it out of the lock barrel. Before you bolt the lock/handle assembly back on to the door, do yourself a favor and test your key in it to make sure you have solved the problem. If the lock does not turn with your key in it, look on the bright side.... at least you now know how to remove a broken key head from your locks :D

Hope this helps! -Joe :2thumbsup:

<small>[ April 04, 2004, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Joe's 94 RS ]</small>
Black 94 RS, Erebuni MS style front, OEM sideskirts, Clear signals, altezza tails, 93 seats, Civic projectors

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”