question about installing an OEM spoiler

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MarkMoore

question about installing an OEM spoiler

Post by MarkMoore »

i have a '92 gs. Currently, i have no spoiler but am thinking about buying an OEM spoiler for my car. Are there any kind of modifications i need to make to the hatch to make one fit? Does the hatch garnish(i think that's what it's called - i'm talking about the black panel going across the end of the hatch) stay on or come off? I'm a little bit lost as to what all happens when putting an OEM spoiler on. If some one could school me about the whole process i'd appreciate it. If any kind of modifications do need to be done, about how much will it run me and where can i find what i need. I'm assuming i could do the work myself?????
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
David Witherow

Re: question about installing an OEM spoiler

Post by David Witherow »

the hatch garnish comes off and the stock spoiler is a direct replacement no modifications needed....
cooper_9

Post by cooper_9 »

hey i did the whole switch about 2 weeks ago. Just take off the interior pannels on the inside of the trunk. Sides first, then the back one. The get a socket and unscrew the hatch garnish, 6 bolts. Then there is a clip in the middle of the inside u can push out. Take off the garnish. Pop the spoiler on. Use the nuts to secure it. Put ur interior pannels back on. Your set! Good Luck! :2thumbsup:
Jay Cooper
92 Blue GS
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

thanks a lot!
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic

Return to “Appearance”