help! fender flares

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
justintoxicated

help! fender flares

Post by justintoxicated »

hello, when i bought my mx-3 a few months ago off of my friend, he had installed fx-designs combat front bumper, side skirts, and fender flares, but the flares are only installed in the front, he gave me the flares for the rear, which i am going to install this weekend with my dad who is a pretty handy guy, but i dont know really anything about body work, the flares are fiberglass. i have heard about riveting the flare to the existing metal fender, and using some kind of glue or bondo or something but thats as much as i know...any help, ideas, walkthroughs etc...would be greatly apreciated. thanks
Got Rice? You do!
seneca

Re: help! fender flares

Post by seneca »

Well, you'll be molding them in I assume? From what I've seen molding is not an easy job for those that do not know what they are doing. Now, that's not to say that you couldn't do it...respectfully. I mean that if you want a professional install, get a professional! lol

To be honest, I watched the body guys mold my side skirts in. There was glue, rivets, screws, body filler, marglass, bondo, primer, paint, and many other elements. To me, it just does not look like an easy task. Mind you, I'm sure that you could pop in a few rivets to hold them on and still have a safe drive. But if you're gonan do something that very few mx'ers have done I'd recommend doing it well. I concidered putting flares on mine, but opted not to (cost, and I personally don't feel they would have suited the MP5 kit).

But all in all...let us know what you decide and Good Luck! :2thumbsup:

Tyson
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.

Return to “Appearance”