cleaning headlights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cooper_9

cleaning headlights

Post by cooper_9 »

my headlights are kinda fogged up and i heard there is a cleaner out there that will make them clear again. if anyone knows anything please let me know. thanks.
Jay Cooper
92 Blue GS
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Re: cleaning headlights

Post by atlantamx3 »

Not only is this answer covered in the APPEARNCE FAQ: http://www.mx-3.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000012

But it has also been discussed at lest 2 times in the last 20 days in this same APPEARANCE forum.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
marcus2966

Post by marcus2966 »

Obviously he missed the other posts, or he wouldn't have asked the question. :2thumbsup:
Roll with it or get rolled over mother%@#er!
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/478582_8_full.jpg
marcus2966

Post by marcus2966 »

Obviously he missed the other posts, or he wouldn't have asked the question.
Man you guys got to lighten up a little.
Anyways, All you need to do is go to any Canadian tire and get a heavy oxidization polish and apply it three, to four times, and your lights will look brand new.
Good luck
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Originally posted by Canadian MX-3:
Obviously he missed the other posts, or he wouldn't have asked the question. :2thumbsup:
Hey man-- I am not mad-- thats why I posted the link instead of just saying SEARCH.

All he had to do is look -- the title of the posts are "headlights"

( & BTW< I looked again & there is only one post-- the other is about the projector headlights. the fact remains, however, that it is posted in the FAQ about the headlights.)

<small>[ June 21, 2004, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: atlantamx3 ]</small>
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

If he would have read the FAQ, we really wouldnt be having this conversation :)
marcus2966

Post by marcus2966 »

Hey Jay,
So how did they turn out??
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm believe it or not...I cleaned mine with one of those wannabe armor all sprays, It wasnt armor all, but well. I was bored and I sprayed them then I rubbed for about 5 mins. And walla..they turned clear o.0 the foggyness went away and I got alot of people asking that uif theyb were new. I used a sock. Not sure how much the appearance will work but well its lasted a week including rain. Looks nice :D

-hec
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Ateana

Post by Ateana »

hrmm mine I have tried everything and from a side view they still look yellow. time to mod in some projectors :p
Management is not responsible for lost or stolen virginities.

White 94 Mx-3 BP
Black 93 Mx-3 Kl-De

Post by Guest »

I was going to buy some Honda projectors, because my headlight lenses were so foggy it was almost embarassing to drive my blaze red mx around. But instead, while I was on the message board, I read advice on cleaning the lenses.........and....... !! WOW !! The lenses looked 100% brand new!!
I used a car wax called Zymol, I waxed and polished 4 times..... I took my time doing this....... which round up being a few hours, but the results speak for itself.
The clean lenses make my ride look brand new now!
curve

Post by curve »

There is a place here where I live that sell this stuff called alpha grit. It is used to remove heavy oxidation from plastic. I used this stuff on my headlights and in only one application they looked almost new but I went ahead and did it 3 times and damn they look good now. A 8 ounce bottle was only five bucks and Ive used it about 10 times now on both lights and dtill have half a bottle or more left.
93 KLZED Mx-3 with MSD ignition, LSD tranny, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, short throw shifter, underdrive pulleys, Nology plug wires, header with open 2.5" exhaust and ractive muffler, and of course 125 shot Zex system with bottle heater electric bottle opener and purge valve, all autometer carbon fiber gauges, (Dash is completely custom in the gauge cluseter area), alpine deck with 6 disc changer, orion 32 band digital eq, 5 Linear power amplifiers, 2 alpine digital crossovers, 1 JL w5 12" woofer fiberglassed into the spare tire hole, q-form kick panels with 5 1/4 and tweeters, fiberglassed door panels and rear panels, alpine security system, also ground control coilovers, 17" Konig wheels with nitto tires, ractive rear strut tower brace, cross drilled and slotted roters on all 4 corners, GTR rear spoiler, 2 Sets of neons, and clear bumper and corner lights. I cant take credit for building this car it belonged to another mx-3er who built the whole thing and if you would like to see it being built go to Woodyscustomcreations.com

1/4 mile times 13.46 at 103
XoTedoX

Post by XoTedoX »

Dude just take the time to read the posts man. But yeah like everyone says Blue magic, Plastic polish... whatever works have fun read up!
Loveing cars isn't buying stickers and throwing them all over your ryde. LOL That was gone with Fast and the Furious. HAHA if thats your story, sorry :) !!!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Why not do the clear gts lens cover method??
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
lok

Post by lok »

i tried everything.. blue magic.. armour all... turtle was... some windex solution.. its still look yellow on the side view..
seneca

Post by seneca »

There's this sutff that I got at Canadian Tire. It's got a really weird name...it starts with an M. I paid like $12 for it and it works perfectly. Use it once a month or so and you'll have seriously clear lenses.

When I get home I'll put the proper name up. Good Luck.
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.

Return to “Appearance”