my latest project *PICS*

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: my latest project *PICS*

Post by cjthor »

Originally posted by atlantamx3:
Originally posted by marshmallow15:

cf wiper cowl, is that the piece that goes where the wiper arms are? that black one between the windshield and hood?
Yep, That one.

I have 3 buyers RIGHT NOW that would buy one if the price/quality/fitment were right.

Let me know if you are interested & maybe we can work something out.
Make that four.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i would be in for a CF copy of the wiper thingie
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

actually, with the dash i didn't have enough material to lay the fabric at a bias (45 degree angle), but if i had enough material, it would've worked. with my hood, i didn't lay it at a bias so i had plenty of space to work on the hood. im thinking of the business license though, there are a lot of offers from some ae86 forums for gas caps and headlight covers. tnx for the tip.

jarid, jeff hasn't gotten back to me on permission for selling parts and things like that. so i will pm you.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

btw, ive decided to give the cf wiper cowl a shot. im going to start on the molds when i pick up more fiberglass and kevlar and i will post pics when the project starts. this will be for myself, and once i get permission from jeff then we will set something up.
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

jarid, jeff hasn't gotten back to me on permission for selling parts and things like that. so i will pm you.
Dont let that Stop you from having a business. Jeff doesnt tell you what to do in your personal life. If you decide to set up a website and sell stuff-- what can he say about it?? I am sure you would want to support MX-3.com and I am sure at some point you would do it... but when you are first starting out he would understand.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

thing is, if i did start the business i can't advertise the products here or i can get banned or whatever the consequences are. im simply respecting his authority and awaiting his reply. just a matter of time. i'll keep you guys posted on the cf wiper cowl.
- team slideways
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

if you start a legit business i dont see why you would get banned look at pak canada oscar doesnt get banned or what about krazy customs....both of these company's profit from mx-3.com and the mx community also benefits from it....so i dont understand why jeff would have a problem with it....marsh i know you and i have a bit of a problem with each other at the moment but if you started a business and the parts were good quality i wouldnt have any problems buying them from you....

<small>[ June 20, 2004, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: David Witherow ]</small>
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

Originally posted by David Witherow:
if you start a legit business i dont see why you would get banned look at pak canada oscar doesnt get banned or what about krazy customs....both of these company's profit from mx-3.com and the mx community also benefits from it
pakfeifer canada and krazy kustoms all did what im doing right now. they had to get jeff's permission first and then setup some sort of advertising fee (those banners up top) OR give a small % of their profit for the mx-3 parts to jeff.

so hopefully, by the time the cf wiper cowl mold is completed, the discussion stage will have passed and i can have some pics of the started project to show everyone.
- team slideways
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Well, legit business or not, there's a fair bit of interest from people here it seems - including myself - for some CF pieces made.

I know I wouldn't mind paying 5% more or something like that to pay for a "fee" for this website.

I don't know if making a CF hood with smaller sheets reduces the strength at all, but I do know that the "seam" down the middle is quite a fad to some people and would probably appeal to some.
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

im most likely going to do the small percentage of each part sold to go to the site. unless i was a fully legit business taking in lots of income, idno if i'd be able to do the larger fee per month thing.

seperate sheets won't make a piece weaker. unless there was a gap between sheets with nothing but dried resin.
- team slideways
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

picked up some materials and had to order more fabric. i will start on the mold for my wiper cowl tomorrow and post pics by the afternoon. i won't be able to have pics of the laid fabric until i receive my fabric and mold release in a few days. i will keep you guys posted.

still no word from jeff though :(
- team slideways
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Do a carbon fiber radiator shroud, u know...that black thing that bolts the radiator into place? That would pwn.

And dunno if this is possible b/c I don't know if it would come off, but a CF ashtray cover. Those things seem to fade and look like dogcrap on all MX3's i've ever seen while the rest of the ashtray looks mint.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

unfortunately i don't have an ashtray to mold from.

the radiator shroud might be a better alternative to my engine shroud i did before. i'd still have to see if the resin i use can withstand the heat from the radiator. i wouldn't want to make something that can catch on fire later down the road.
- team slideways
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

any other things you guys would like to see in cf? im open to suggestions and willing to try anything if it sounds appealing. i want to use the mx-3 as a demo car for the company when it does get started up.
- team slideways
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

any other things you guys would like to see in cf? im open to suggestions and willing to try anything if it sounds appealing...
Why yes, since you've asked. I would very much like to see our pet cat cast in cf because I'm really more of a dog person myself. My wife loves the cat but I def do not. Is this possible to do? I could FedEx the cat to you for a mold to be made & I'd probably pay ya just about ANY price you want... ;) (Sorry, I couldn't resist. Just ignore me...)

<small>[ June 22, 2004, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: perhapsadingo8yerbaby ]</small>

Return to “Appearance”