paint question about clear coat???

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
sallyO92mx-3

paint question about clear coat???

Post by sallyO92mx-3 »

my car will soon be flat black, don;t really car for shiny car just a fast car . so when i paint the car and apply the clear it will still give that shiny look . so is there a clearcoat available that wont make it look so glossy when applied :froggie_red:
"get some!"
lakersfan1

Re: paint question about clear coat???

Post by lakersfan1 »

I don't know why you wouldn't wnat shiney, but I know there are rattle can clearcoats that have a matte finish. I'm sure your paint shop could source some specifically for auto applications if they look hard enough.
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

I'm not sure why you don't want it black and glossy , but PPG makes DBC 5OO and Sikkens has Base fix ....both are like a clear base coat and give the look of door jambs and under the hood appearance... where it really does not matter. You can also mix the base with the clear , hardener and reducer at a 4-1-1 ratio for a somewhat shiney appearance

<small>[ June 05, 2004, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Gregory Christian ]</small>
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Search around a little bit at different businesses. I know they make the paint and clear that will come out like flat black. Thats what they use on some old hot rods. Call up PPG and ask them.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM

Return to “Appearance”