Painting Questions

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Johnomx3

Painting Questions

Post by Johnomx3 »

Hay everyone... i have a white 92 RS, just did body work to it and had it painted with some colour matched paint. THe guy that did it did a horrible job and rust is already coming through from where we sanded the damn thing right down and painted. Anyways im lookin to get it painted prob after the winter, do all the body work and get it painted again, im in Northern Ontario and was wondering what kind prices people are paying in Toronto area for paintjobs. to change the colour of the car not sure to which colour yet.Anyways lemme know. Thanks
Dual '92 RS's, Both white, one RS spoiler on standard daily driver and a automatic parts car.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588315
xXdaveXx

Re: Painting Questions

Post by xXdaveXx »

i could get my car painted with $300 bucks but hey! price changes in other countries
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I only paid $430 including jams, but that was also doing my own body work and keeping the same color, and I didn't even have it clearcoated. If you want to change the color properly, you're probably looking at a whole crapload of work, especially when you get to the engine bay. If you're doing ALL the body work, don't pay more than $1000 U.S. for the whole paint job no matter what. Most work in paint job costs is in the body work.
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

Originally posted by lakersfan1:
I only paid $430 including jams, but that was also doing my own body work and keeping the same color, and I didn't even have it clearcoated. If you want to change the color properly, you're probably looking at a whole crapload of work, especially when you get to the engine bay. If you're doing ALL the body work, don't pay more than $1000 U.S. for the whole paint job no matter what. Most work in paint job costs is in the body work.
what color is your car ? and if not clearcoated it must have been single stage and will fade much quicker.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Gregory Christian:
Originally posted by lakersfan1:
what color is your car ? and if not clearcoated it must have been single stage and will fade much quicker.
My color was medium blue. I understand it will eventually fade. But the place gave me a three year warranty against fading. 3 years of nice paint for $400 was worth it IMO. Plus, if I got real ambitious, I could always wet sand it and get it clearcoated for $150 sometime later down the road. :shrug:
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

that's true :2thumbsup:

Return to “Appearance”