How to adjust door alignment?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
jumboplay

How to adjust door alignment?

Post by jumboplay »

Anyone know? My driver's door sags a bit and it almost rubs at the rear bottom. Hopefully this is easy to fix. Any ideas? thanks!
-Tom J, proud MX-3 pilot-
Get your entertainment upgraded at http://www.tommyv2.com

1996 MX-3 RS/GS hybrid, OBDII B6-ZE, painted Mazda crystal white, ZX-2+Eibach, Miglia Spyder 17"s, markerflash, black altezzas, insane fuel economy, too many other mods to list...
mx3man83

Re: How to adjust door alignment?

Post by mx3man83 »

I've got the same problem. I even had someone lift up on the door all of the way while I tightened the four bolts down, and it still sags a bit. I am going to pull the doors off and drill out the holes a bit more to give me more play. That should take care of it.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Redlined

Post by Redlined »

maybe your pin has dropped
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Pin has dropped? Not sure what you are talking about. The only pin in the door hinge just prevents the door from opening further than it should.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Redlined

Post by Redlined »

I havent ever really looked in my car for a pin but in my friends car his pin had dropped and this had affected the doors ability to close it had to be sort of lifted to be closed
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Originally posted by mx3man83:
I've got the same problem. I even had someone lift up on the door all of the way while I tightened the four bolts down, and it still sags a bit. I am going to pull the doors off and drill out the holes a bit more to give me more play. That should take care of it.
dude you dont know what youre doing if you didnt **** it up already, DONT, STOP!! you need new bushings, go get them at local parts store or mazda dealer, should be like $2-$5 pull door off take old ones out insert new ones in and install door back on.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Appearance”