steering wheel

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mx3eurogurl

steering wheel

Post by mx3eurogurl »

just got a obx steering wheel and a momo hub adapter from corksport. the instructions are very confusing..can anyone help me out as to how to install this? thanks
:)
*Girls can go fast too!*
nope-mx3

Re: steering wheel

Post by nope-mx3 »

4(?) screws I think on the backside of the wheel.
Then the front cover comes off.
Then It`pretty easy, atleast 1 huge nut to remove.

That`s how far I got, cause you obviously need something to remove the steeringwheel itself.
Its stuck on pretty hard.
(don`t use a hammer, as I`ve heard rumours the column will collapse, safety feature in case of a collision)

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
mx3eurogurl

Post by mx3eurogurl »

should i just get my local auto shop to do this? or is it pretty simple?
*Girls can go fast too!*
mx3grlsikride

Post by mx3grlsikride »

i just changed my wheel the other day. First you do take off the cover. Then there are a few screws inside to take off. Then the wheel is supposed to just slip off and make sure you disconnected the horn wire. My wheel didn't just slip off, it took us about 20 mins to pull it off but it will come off. Just slowly twist it as you are trying to pull it off 20 minutes of that and you should be ready to go!
WhEn WiLl MY BaBY Be CoMplETe??? ...NeVeR.... HAHAHAH!!! Always finding better upgrades!!!!
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3grlsikride

David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

here's what you do
1 you take the screws out of the backside of the steering wheel then remove the cover

2 then remove the big nut i think it is a 19mm but dont quote me on that....

3 then once the nut is off you thread it back on about 3 threads then you slide your seat all the way back so you have room....put both hands on the steering wheel and just pull on it really hard like i mean reef on it i may take 2or3 tries but you'll get it, i think its pressure fitted on...the reason for putting the nut back on is so that you dont get hit in the head with the wheel when it comes off

4 now that you have it off temporarily attach the wheel to the hub and put it on the shaft and drive the car just down the road a bit to make sure the wheel is straight with the wheels....

5 once you have it positioned straight leave the hub on the column and take the wheel off (this just makes it easier to tighten the big nut down.....once thats tightened you can put you wheel back on i think its 8 screws.....oh and dont for get to hook up the horn wire....
mx3eurogurl

Post by mx3eurogurl »

thanks guys :2thumbsup:
you really helped this chick out..
*Girls can go fast too!*

Return to “Appearance”