body part popped out??

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
yuuki

body part popped out??

Post by yuuki »

yes as the title says.. i have this really weird problem... right beside the passenger side door on the bottom left (not the door itself)when you look directly at it theres this small bulge which shouldnt be there...

i dont know what that piece is called.. but i could press it in and it would stay and look like it should... but then once i open the passenger side door and close it, it would pop right back out again...

it's really weird... sorta like a dent but inside out?? :confused2:

anyone have an idea of how i could fix this problem?? it's bugging me, thanks for any responses!
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Re: body part popped out??

Post by GregoryChristian »

an outie ? :shrug: pics would help !
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

sounds like there might have been a dent there before and someone pulled it out using suction power and they "crowned" it. intead of this ) you get this (
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
yuuki

Post by yuuki »

alright so this is a pic (didn't know i had one =P): http://members.shaw.ca/david333/problem.jpg

as you can see it's sorta popped out compared to this (normal): http://members.shaw.ca/david333/normal.jpg

what do you guys think it might be? or anything i can do to fix it myself?? it's really starting to bug me lol
yuuki

Post by yuuki »

anyone have any ideas?
tical

Post by tical »

definitly a ripple, it coulda been hit before, maybe infront of da wheel, that would cause it ta crown out like nos said........
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
yuuki

Post by yuuki »

i see... darn... is there anything that i could do to fix this problem myself?

<small>[ March 08, 2004, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: yuuki ]</small>
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

could be bondo, which has come loose being held on by the paint, put a magnet on it and see if it sticks. it sticks its metal it doesnt its bondo, probably a old dent though. if its bondo it could be a problem.
1993 White gs klze.
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

for the love of god dont use bondo. Bondo looks good for 30 seconds, or until you start driving it. Then the damn crap starts to crack and seperate from all the vibration and stress of the car. Remember, the parts and the car expand and contact at a different rate then bondo does when heat changes. guess what that leads too. Bottom line, you're better off leaving it then using bondo. If you fix it, do it right and get a body shop to do it (unless you know how remove creases from metal, because I sure dont).

<small>[ March 12, 2004, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: MX3-Freak ]</small>
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Originally posted by MX3-Freak:
for the love of god dont use bondo. Bondo looks good for 30 seconds, or until you start driving it. Then the damn crap starts to crack and seperate from all the vibration and stress of the car. Remember, the parts and the car expand and contact at a different rate then bondo does when heat changes. guess what that leads too. Bottom line, you're better off leaving it then using bondo. If you fix it, do it right and get a body shop to do it (unless you know how remove creases from metal, because I sure dont).
look smart a**, what they use at body shop? magic stick??? :freak:
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Yeah I agree. Do you think the body shops just wave their hands over it and make it A - O.K. again? If body filler(bondo is a company name) cracks so does the paint over it so you can tell pretty easily. You can even knock on it with your finger and if it sounds different from the usual metal, then its body filler. You should bring it to an auto body shop if you have no experience doing anything of the sort. It has to be hit back into place and repainted.

<small>[ March 12, 2004, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: mx3TT ]</small>
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM

Return to “Appearance”