So, What do you guys think of my MX-3??

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
SE-Man

Re: So, What do you guys think of my MX-3??

Post by SE-Man »

As for the bore, I don't know, I didn't do it, I only payed for the engine. I've been told a K8 can be bored to 2.7L, the machinist that did mine said he could have easily gone to 2.5L but he use pistons & rods he had on hand, and could only go to 2.2L.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

Originally posted by SE-Man:
As for the bore, I don't know, I didn't do it, I only payed for the engine. I've been told a K8 can be bored to 2.7L, the machinist that did mine said he could have easily gone to 2.5L but he use pistons & rods he had on hand, and could only go to 2.2L.
the 2.5 can goto 2.7l
have u dynoed your car before
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

there is no way you can bore a k8=75mm bore to a 2.5l=84.5mm bore there is just not enough meteral there the most you could take out of a k8 is 1.5mm maybee 2mm but thats even pushing the walls thin to go anymore then that you have to resleve the cylanders and well that a big pain and lots of money.
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

Originally posted by mrspanky79:
there is no way you can bore a k8=75mm bore to a 2.5l=84.5mm bore there is just not enough meteral there the most you could take out of a k8 is 1.5mm maybee 2mm but thats even pushing the walls thin to go anymore then that you have to resleve the cylanders and well that a big pain and lots of money.
that OR its not really a 2.2L
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Originally posted by mitmaks:

guys like you disgrace guys like me that drive mx3 esp same color then people assume me as im ricer like you, but im not i keep my car clean.
Dude, your the f'n discrace... Who's to say I don't keep My car clean, you have no Idea whats in plan for my car. If you'd read the post I put above about why its not lowered and why I have those rims on it maybe u'd have understood more. And no, you retard, its not no fake c/f stripe, its just a plain ol' black racing strip. And their not fart tips, their just stanless tips, my mufflers are hidden in the pics. Maybe I like the ricey look, maybe I don't, but I do like the way my car looks and that don't make me a discrace.

And for the rest thanks for the opinions on the cars paint and body (And not on me, mitmaks).

P.S. I forgot to mention in the earlier post that the turn signals are more or less place holders becuse it is my daily driver. I'm looking for something better, I don't like or even have my stock turnsignals.
Dont go overboard with a defensive response, when you post asking about opinions, expect negative feedback. Its going to happen...

And u cant bore a 1.8L to a 2.2L....

<small>[ February 04, 2004, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</small>
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Dont go overboard with a defensive response, when you post asking about opinions, expect negative feedback. Its going to happen...

I don't think I went overbored, he made a comment about ME and not MY CAR. Had he said my car was a discrace it would have been different.
You Mean to tell me that theirs no way to make a 1.8L a 2.2L with boreing, stroking, and resleaving? He had the block over a year, in a machine shop, I'm not to sure but the entire bottom end is all custom. When I got it back from him it was all put together I seen nothing but the new pistons so it would have been easy to screw me over. But their was somthing done to that block... I ran with my buddies RSX-S and kept up with him with no mods but the block. (please note I DID NOT SAY I BEAT HIM.)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I don't think I went overbored, he made a comment about ME and not MY CAR. Had he said my car was a discrace it would have been different.
You Mean to tell me that theirs no way to make a 1.8L a 2.2L with boreing, stroking, and resleaving? He had the block over a year, in a machine shop, I'm not to sure but the entire bottom end is all custom. When I got it back from him it was all put together I seen nothing but the new pistons so it would have been easy to screw me over. But their was somthing done to that block... I ran with my buddies RSX-S and kept up with him with no mods but the block. (please note I DID NOT SAY I BEAT HIM.)
i didn't ment to offend you, but that car is ...overdone, too big of a wing, personally think that stock gs one is way go to and most bigger ones are looking cheesy, esp on fwd car. but that's just my opinion, and one color would look better than wide stripe, nice color though
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

That doesn't matter. There are too many variables to go by when comparing cars from something like a street race. What kind of things did you do to your block? And it's okay to tell the truth if you weren't before. The mx-3 community likes and encourages honesty. It creates a better community. :)

<small>[ February 04, 2004, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</small>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Yikes, its your car. But it does look pretty ricey. You really should have it dynoed. I have some odd hunch you will be dissapointed. I usually laugh at cars like that on the street. If you have a clean, low, fast mx-3 that is what I think is cool. But that is just my opinion. And yes, you are asking for bad feedback, when you ask a question like you did.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Yea, I understand the variables, But the car was killing me before the engine blew. But then his car was new, now a year later it could be really ragged out. It's not bored to 2.2L exact I was told its actally Like 2.175 or something along that.

Now bubba, If I told you that you were a discrace you'd take it personal too, I asked for opinions on my car, not ME. Hey, everyones entitled to an opinion, and how can you form an opinion of me with only seeing my car? You can say your opinion of my car, thats what I asked.

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: SE-Man ]</small>
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

2.175? thats close enough. If an automaker released that engine it would be called a 2.2 l.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Man, I didn't attack you. I attacked your ricer car. I think it would look cooler with some big APC stickers on it!
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

You guys are ice cold man... :laugh: Hey, its his car so whatever.

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</small>
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Originally posted by killerpickle:
2.175? thats close enough. If an automaker released that engine it would be called a 2.2 l.
He said 1.175.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
DVH

Post by DVH »

Originally posted by Bubbaflaat:
Man, I didn't attack you. I attacked your ricer car. I think it would look cooler with some big APC stickers on it!
hahahahahah OMG thats Hilarious! lol

Maybe NOS stickers too???? :laugh:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4

Return to “Appearance”