Power Window problem, need help...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
BobyYoo

Power Window problem, need help...

Post by BobyYoo »

my sister took my car yesterday, and she opened the driver's side windows, and the button got jammed, and probably she didn't know... so now my drivers' side window doesn't work anymore

so i took out the button module, and i opened, and saw the metal contact was jammed, because the plastic around it melted over the metal contact, so the metal contact wouldn't move and jammed on the position of the window rolling down, so i was wondering if it could of burned my motor. it is like if my windows was rolling down all that time and was stuck?

so i was able to take out the metal contact, and i scratched out all the melted residu of the plastic...and i reinstalled the module... and no luck... doesn't work... i dont hear any noise at all..so maybe my motor is burned? or maybe the button module doesn't work?

is there a way i can test if the motor is functionning? i just opened the door cover, and i dont know how to test the window motor...so i opened the motor, and not much to tell by looking at it...

btw my passenger window is working...

Return to “Appearance”