Problem with Temp Guage After Indiglo Install

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

Problem with Temp Guage After Indiglo Install

Post by ProjekMX3 »

I recently finished installing indiglo gauges the procarparts ones on my 92 mx3 gs. After the install all the other problems i could fix fairly easily except for one. After the install the temp gauge after starting the car goes straight up and stays there which is past the "H". than when u turn the car off it goes back down to "C". I installed the gas temp gauge by removing the scews in front and back and turning the needles so I could fit on the gauge face. After I put on the new faces I moved the needles back to where they were before. Ever since than the temp gauge hasn't worked. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.
92 GS, 210 psi per cylinder KL-101 Engine, Pacesetter Exhaust, Centerforce DF, CAI, Hi Flow Cat, Headers.
By Spring 06: Megasquirt and FPR
By Fall 06: KL-31 Heads with Interprep Cams
marshmallow15

Re: Problem with Temp Guage After Indiglo Install

Post by marshmallow15 »

you messed up your needles.. whether you disconnected them from its ports by turning them or you messed up the calibration of your needles, you definitely messed them up when you forced them to a certain position. you'll need a new cluster if you can't find a place to fix it (which i couldn't find myself)
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

guys i remember jeff abrams wrote of write up of somehow about this whole calibrating the needles issue after installing the white gauge faces. :shrug:
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

That happened to me when I installed my indiglos. All I did to fix it was pulled out the plug behind the temo gauge and cleaned off the connecters. After that it worked fine.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

yea, mine did that too when i was testing them and i didnt plug in all the connectors on the dash, make sure all the connections are clean
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
ProjekMX3
Supporting Member

Post by ProjekMX3 »

I used the directions on mazdamaniac's site on how to recalibrate my temperature gauge. According to the site I did everything right but for some reason after doing the recalibration my temperature gauge no longer works at all. I start the car drive it for a while and it doesn't budge at all. Before the recalibration when I would turn the car on the needle would just immediately go straight up. Now there is no movement ever. So basically what I'm asking is did I fry my gauge. For some reason tho the gas gauge still works. If anyone knows what happened or has any ideas on the best ways to fix this problem you can reach me at AIM: Projekmx3 or Piranhapro@chartermi.net
92 GS, 210 psi per cylinder KL-101 Engine, Pacesetter Exhaust, Centerforce DF, CAI, Hi Flow Cat, Headers.
By Spring 06: Megasquirt and FPR
By Fall 06: KL-31 Heads with Interprep Cams
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

there's more of a probability that you messed up the gauge needle than fried your gauge altogether. its easier to mess up the needles than fry the gauge. you need a new cluster and thats the only way to fix it unfortunately. i had to go through the same crap myself.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “Appearance”