keyless entry

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Acamori

keyless entry

Post by Acamori »

i'd like to put a keyless entry system in my car. all i really need is the control unit, i was thinking of going to a junkyard and getting one out of a dead car then ordering a replacement remote from whichever dealer. i was wondering if anyone knew how much of a pain this would be, and if it would be cheaper/much easier to just buy a new control unit from jcwhitney or crutchfield or someone.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Len-Dogg

Re: keyless entry

Post by Len-Dogg »

Considering you can go on ebay and buy a keyless entry system for like $30 I would just do that. That is, assuming you already have power locks...
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

power locks aren't hard to put in. I did mine myself, you just need to mount some actuators in your doors. Takes half an hour.
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

i'm not sure how it is in most MX-3's but in mine there's already an actuator in the passenger that's activated by locking or unlocking the driver's door manually (which is nice really) so i only really need one actuator wired in mine, which i plan to get out of a junked car. i think i'll just get myself a new control unit. btw, has anyone ever rigged a remote to open/close their windows? i plan to (thus the 4 button) just to make life easier (i don't get in the back much so i'm not worried about having a remote for that).
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

hay man i just went through this. if u r going to get keyless entry u might as well just get an alarm that comes with a key less entry. if u decide to do that look at eather clifford or viper.
Pearl-JapSpec

Post by Pearl-JapSpec »

mine has keyless entry...
its a prestige and got it off e-bay...
i just gota hook up my power locks
i got the actuators and all just been lazy
and my car is in the shop getin side skirts put on...
Car Out Of Order For Now...
2 weeks In counting till re-incarnation!!
New G-Force Front Bumper!!
-_-_-_- Pics On Site -_-_-_-
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3_junkee

Return to “Appearance”