help with reverse glow gauges

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Acamori

help with reverse glow gauges

Post by Acamori »

ok so i have my reverse glow gauges in (the kind where just the numbers and lines glow) for a week or so, hardly use them at all since i wasn't out at night much, then they decided to stop glowing. i checked all the wires and they're fine, i was told it's probably that the inverter (the little black box thing) overloaded and died, which i'm not sure why it did cuz i had a 3 amp fuse so it shouldn't have gotten too much juice. what i'd like to know is what's a good way to keep from blowing the inverter?<p>[ August 05, 2003: Message edited by: Acamori ]</p>
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
marsinner

Re: help with reverse glow gauges

Post by marsinner »

Hey, where did you get them? Because I just turned on my car last night first time in a week, and they are dead as well, all that work to work for 2 days. Let me know if you figure it out.
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

Hey I have those, too, only they're not the inverted ones. but I believe they're the same company. When I first got them they worked ok for a few weeks then they just stopped working... I got a new set and this time they have an in-line fuse... I have been using them for abour 2 months and they are fine... Perhaps they fixed the problem and added a fuse jsut in case?
GS-R SE
Fixin's
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

weird, cause i got my SpeedHut onces about a month and a half ago and a little over 2 weeks they stopped working. I keep forgetting to e-mail them (which i think ill do right now), but they should have a warranty
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

ok so i just got some reverse glow gauges and they have no instructions which is ok >>> cos with cars i'm used to wingin it and not following instructions....
but if someone could tell me a step by step as a guideline that would be very nice of you.
even just sat in the baggy the dials look cool!<p>any help is appreciated... many thanks
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

just take the whole thing out and test it out through another 12V output, such as your laptop's power supply or something in that nature (if you have one), sometimes there might be a problem with your in-car wiring which might cause the problem. cuz i mistakenly connected them to a 20V output once and they didnt burn :p
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

well i know they worked in my car, for a while. and i even double checked the wires before i just gave up. and i'm pretty sure i burned the inverter because when they worked it would whine/buzz and now it doesn't. i dunno, i may not even bother, right now i just have the lamps that shone on the front of the stock gauges shining on the front of these (i took the green condom things off so they're white, almost) and it still looks a hell of a lot better than the stocks
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

connect it directly to the battery, if they still dont work, send'em back
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

I've got the white gauge facia's on just now....
no breakage of needle or anything.
Man i was sweating i've not concentrated like that in years my heads now hurting through the concentration. Now on to the electrics
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

The problem is ur probly over loading them. I have had mine on for 2 months, hooked them up through a relay. Not a single problem
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

i checked mine, they were getting 13.something volts when the car was running, high 11's with the car off, so it shouldnt be a voltage problem
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Appearance”