Taillight question

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
synap
Supporting Member

Taillight question

Post by synap »

Ok so I receive my altezzas today and the crappy UPS people don't know how to take care of the packages..anyways...one of the lights is slightly cracked.<p>Well it's not the actual light but the big screw that holds the light in place(one on the side). This piece is cracked from the main part of the assembly, but not totally off.<p>Here is the question: I am thinking of gluing the piece back on, instead of shipping it back out( 14 days there and back + $$ ). Is this big screw a big deal if it is not that solid? Because there are the top screws and the mounting bolts.<p>
Wow that's a short story, tried to be as clear as possible.<p>
Thanks!<p>Dave
marshmallow15

Re: Taillight question

Post by marshmallow15 »

passenger or driver taillight, and where is the screw located?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

Well, I've never installed a taillight without that screw, but the mounts that snap in place in the back should hold the light in place fine. I would try gluing the piece back thogether though.
synap
Supporting Member

Post by synap »

It is the drivers side light, it's the big screw on the inner side of the light. (there are 3 two on top and one side one) <p>I think I'll glue it back using plastic glue or may ever plastic weld it back together.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

as long as the screw is holding some part of the clip to the body, it should be ok.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
synap
Supporting Member

Post by synap »

Weel there on, and they look sweet! They should stay cuz the mounting pins are cery tight and I have the top plastic piece on as well.

Return to “Appearance”