to hard to try and mold to my car?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
BucktownMx3

to hard to try and mold to my car?

Post by BucktownMx3 »

do u guys htink this front bumper would be to hard to mold to my mx-3? it is froma 98 dodge neon. its the vader style. and the only big difference is the way the headlights r shaped. Could a body shop or sumthin heat up the curves of the lights and make them fit our mx-3 headlights? it doesnt loo like it would be to hard. but thats just my opinion.<p>here r some pics of how it fits up.<p>neon front on mx pics.
94 mx3 gs (sold)
92 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX(14.3 @ 99.08- almost completely stock)
BucktownMx3

Re: to hard to try and mold to my car?

Post by BucktownMx3 »

or how much would it cost for a body shop to cut and remold the headlight part to fit a mx-3? ne information would be helpful.
94 mx3 gs (sold)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

If it's a fiberglass kit, you can do pretty much anything to mold it with some fiberglass mat, fiberglass resin, and Bondo. Just would need to cut the very top part of the bumper away and strech some fabric from the new bumper into the factory areas, then fiberglass the cloth.<p>If it's a plastic bumper, then all bets are off. It'd be more effort than it's worth.
BucktownMx3

Post by BucktownMx3 »

its a fiber glass kit.
94 mx3 gs (sold)
mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

By the pics that you post it wouldn't be hard at all to mold that bumper to fit. It lines up really well and the cutting and molding up around the lights shouldnt take a good body shop more than a whole day or two to get done.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
BucktownMx3

Post by BucktownMx3 »

how much money do u guys think it would cost to get the neon kit fitted to my mx3 headlights( for the cutting and remolding)? in us dollars<p>[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: BucktownMx3 ]</p>
94 mx3 gs (sold)
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

To be honest dude, I would do it yourself. I am working on a design for a custom front bumper right now, but can't actually work on it because my MX is in storage..<p>However, I really think you should do it yourself because:<p>1) Fiberglass is very easy to work with. Just fiberglass matting and resin. I like to think of it almost like clay... its really workable.<p>2) It's your own creation...
3) You save TONS of money<p>Once you mold the bumper, bring it to the body shop and they will touch it up and paint it for you... But if you are really bent on taking it to a shop it'd probably be a few hundred dollars cuz it would take them a day.
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3
BucktownMx3

Post by BucktownMx3 »

ill probably try it myself. or do a neon front end conversion. cause the dimensions and lengths r almost the same. ill have to think about it.
94 mx3 gs (sold)
Johns93GS

Post by Johns93GS »

noooooooooooooooo dont mix the domestic and import pleaaaaaase. Haha just jokes do what you want, its your car and it could look sick! :D
john kilfoyle .:. mx-3 fanatic
http://www.cardomain.com/id/johnmx3

Return to “Appearance”