converting to power windows?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
XxLuieLinesxX

converting to power windows?

Post by XxLuieLinesxX »

I'm trying to put power windows on my car, this whole rolling up the window thing pisses me off and the knob keeps stripping and breaking off?can i change to power windows?and is this hard 2 do?<p>thanks
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: converting to power windows?

Post by 2fazed »

no, it's not hard.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
XxLuieLinesxX

Post by XxLuieLinesxX »

where can i find all the parts 2 do this?
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

I went to a junk yard, found a mx3 with power windows. door locks. parked next to it..took me almost all day but i transfered all parts from that car to my RS. Since he had sold me the MX3, he let me do it. First time i had done it. so i took it slow. you need tools to take out the nuts, etc. also had to take out the wiring and i did not know how to do it. was not really hard just time consuming.
you can also buy the parts from some electronic place that sells, speakers, stereos, car parts, etc. we have one here in houston on harwin street. its some kind of discount place run by some asian. there are many of those around harwin. discount/low cost places. i had power windows installed on my Geo GSi for $175. yes it was not cool, me older and my G/f younger and she had power windows and i did not. I was her teacher and she was my student. So i had power windows installed quick. yes i have a Geo GSi and a MX-3 RS but looks like a GS with 1997 miata wheels

Return to “Appearance”