poor running

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
paul ukmx3

poor running

Post by paul ukmx3 »

ive got a problem with my mx3 1.8 v6......when warm its idleing very badly and its started to stuuter badly under acceleration.....the problem is getting worse.

ive changed the spark plugs and there was no deposits on the old ones and they seamed ok....anyone have any ideas what it might be before i take it to the garage..

thanks..........paul
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: poor running

Post by mitmaks »

check your disty cap, and vacuum system.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
paul ukmx3

Post by paul ukmx3 »

thanks for the reply.....im sending it in to get i full diagnostic check just after christmas so it should hopefully pick up any faults in that....im just hoping it doesnt cost too much..
andy

Post by andy »

hey Paul this is probably to late but I'll give it anyways.

Two possibilities come to mind, spark plug wires or a crack in the plastic ribbing on the intake just before the throttle body.

If not one of these then there are other things but it gets more complicated and more costly.

Andy P. 93 GS P.S. Please let us know what it turns out to be.
paul ukmx3

Post by paul ukmx3 »

hi....well its had its full diagnostic check today and they are having difficulty showing up any problems....ecu ok......fuel ok....air ok.....they have found (but for some reason not picking up on diagnostic with any type of pattern)a small crack in the rotor arm so they are going to change that and the dizzy cap.

its quite a big crack but there are no burn marks near it....its not missing on one particular cycinder but missing quite randomley which again could point to the crack in the rotor arm...

anyway thats getting changed in the morning...ill let you know how it works out...

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”