Hatch Shade g/b

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Hatch Shade g/b

Post by mitmaks »

This is for anyone who's interested in hatch shade group buy? I thought maybe Jarid would organize one but I guess he lost his interest in it. So I thought maybe I could organize it for fellow mx3ers. I think we could get it done through FX or preferrably US company to save money for our US mx3ers (shipping/customs, etc) We have to see who might want it in CF which is gonna cost more and who would like it just in fiberglass, or we might just get it in fiberglass (paintable to match ur car)
I thought maybe we or I personally could get stock one for mold or something, or get fiberglass company to custom make us one, maybe with some kind of vents or small scoops in it.
I really like looks of '92-'95 civic hatch one, which I had for few months.Image<p>
Just an update! I've sent FX designs picture of OEM hatch shade and they should send me price quote, I will also get in contact with corksport to see if they might sell these if we get enough people and get them cheaper and without having high shipping & duties from canada for US buyers<p>[ June 13, 2003: Message edited by: mitmaks ]</p>
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Re: Hatch Shade g/b

Post by GregoryChristian »

I'm in for sure ! my cardomain
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

anyone's comments are welcome since its group design/buy, and if you wanna help me out or even do it yourself youre welcome guys.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

I personally like the OEM style.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
sheller

Post by sheller »

I would like one as well and the OEM design works for me. I would like it in carbon fiber to match my hood though. :)
Steve
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

i want one, preferably he oem type in black or even carbon fiber, how much are we talkin and how long for production
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project

Post by Guest »

those ones that loop around just look stupid, i dont know about anyone else but they DOONT look right, this style looks better then the parashoot style. Its not functional since that black stuff is on the top of the rear hatch
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

look "sure ****" guy if youre not interested DO NOT post negative comments this thread is ONLY for those ones that are INTERESTED
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

jeez man, chill....where did he say he wasn't interested? I thought you wanted insight on this gb....not a close-lipped nazi regime where no one can speak their opinion.<p>
And depending on price shipped to USA, i'd be in for a OEM style as well.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

he didnt say he was interested either,
so does anyone want maybe different design rather than oem style? Fx emailed saying that they cant do carbon fiber right now, since they're not working with it yet. They only can do fiberglass pieces, which is fine with me. Also I emailed corksport about doing group buy through them if they supply us with shades. But I'm not sure if they will though since they dont really respond to emails very good and I guess they dont really have good customer service. But I'll keep you updated guys.
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sureshiit:
those ones that loop around just look stupid, i dont know about anyone else but they DOONT look right, this style looks better then the parashoot style. Its not functional since that black stuff is on the top of the rear hatch<hr></blockquote>
doesn't look right??? what are you talkin' about? Have you ever actually seen one? What do you mean functional? It's not a spoiler you know. It's a hatch shade. The OEM has no function....other than style. And because of the shape of the MX3 (sorta like a turtle) if you just have a straight lip at the top of the glass it will look even dumber than a "parachute" that "loops around". Think ahead at least a little bit. I have never had anyone say they didn't like the look of my car because the OEM hatch shade looped around. Our hatch is curved, so no matter what you put on there, it will have to curve too.<p>[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: Darren Hyderman ]<p>[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: Darren Hyderman ]</p>
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
MI-Archangel

Post by MI-Archangel »

i'm scared i think mitmaks wants to kill us in a giant shower of death.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

just received an email from Corksport:<p>
Mazda USA is sold out of the ones we sold before.... We may eventually make
a new one in the future.<p>Ben<p>At 02:49 AM 6/14/03 +0000, you wrote:
>Hey, I am member of mx-3.com board and organizing group buy on mx3 hatch
>shades. I've read that your company was carrying them and now you don't, so
>I wondered maybe we could work out some kind of deal on these, If I get 10,
>15 or maybe 20 people would you be able to supply these at reasonable price?
>or maybe get some kind of custom made, maybe even in carbon fiber if
>possible somehow.
>
>Thank you, waiting for your reply asap
>
>max<p>
soooo....looks like we cant get supplied through Corksport, we'll have to rely on FX designs.

Post by Guest »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Darren Hyderman:

doesn't look right??? what are you talkin' about? Have you ever actually seen one? What do you mean functional? It's not a spoiler you know. It's a hatch shade. The OEM has no function....other than style. And because of the shape of the MX3 (sorta like a turtle) if you just have a straight lip at the top of the glass it will look even dumber than a "parachute" that "loops around". Think ahead at least a little bit. I have never had anyone say they didn't like the look of my car because the OEM hatch shade looped around. Our hatch is curved, so no matter what you put on there, it will have to curve too.
Hyderman ]
<hr></blockquote><p>It just throws off the shape of the car, look at the side profile with one on, it doesnt look right, at any rate it looks better without it. And use your head man, functional as a sun shade. And actually looking at your car its doesn't look to bad since all the black goes together.<p>[ June 16, 2003: Message edited by: sureshiit ]</p>

Post by Guest »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mitmaks:
look "sure ****" guy if youre not interested DO NOT post negative comments this thread is ONLY for those ones that are INTERESTED<hr></blockquote><p>At what point did I say i wasnt interested, I was saying your shade looks better then those other ones! But ya I dont think Im interested now.

Return to “Appearance”