Un-used Button Location

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Jutzi420

Un-used Button Location

Post by Jutzi420 »

Does anyone know what the capped off button is for beside the cig lighter? Just curious.
kuruption1983

Re: Un-used Button Location

Post by kuruption1983 »

Noone has any idea, check on European models, they might have something there. :shrug:
HFStuart

Post by HFStuart »

IIRC it's for the front fog lights.

I've never worked out how come it's in such a crap place - beside the rear fog switch would be a tad more logical.

Stuart
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Rear fog light?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Ha!, i didn't realise i had a rear fog light! i just thought the switch was buggered, thanks, i'm gonna go check my new toy, too bad it's summer now!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
Taras

Post by Taras »

I got my OEM fog light switch from a wrecked J-spec car. It was in the location beside the power mirror controls. I always thought that front fog light switch would turn rear ones as well.

My guess that the blank beside the cigarette lighter is for the power folding mirrors used in Japan.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by MX-3.com:
European and Asian models have a rear fog light, just like some higher end cars have here.
Honnestly, what is a rear fog light? I've never seen or heard of them before...
Originally posted by JDM:
I got my OEM fog light switch from a wrecked J-spec car. It was in the location beside the power mirror controls. I always thought that front fog light switch would turn rear ones as well.
Where did you get your j-spec part? I'm looking the inside part of a passenger side door of a j-spec mx-3...i found one in NZ, but shipping is 3x the cost of the part :(
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Bah! stupid switch doesn't do anything!
Used to own an MS8, it had the folding mirrors and also self-locking doors, now they are cool! they'd lock once you went over 10km/h or so!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Originally posted by JDM:
My guess that the blank beside the cigarette lighter is for the power folding mirrors used in Japan.
I've been thinking of doing the J-spec folding mirrors. Would be a cool little project. Some of the guy's on MX6.com have done it to there MX6's, it's pretty cool.
Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:
Honnestly, what is a rear fog light? I've never seen or heard of them before...
Errr, it's a fog light, that's in the rear. :confused2:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by 992mmx3:
Errr, it's a fog light, that's in the rear. :confused2:
I dont understand, what makes it different than your nighttime running lights? if it a different set of lights?
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

1) In north america we have 4 tail light bulbs on when the lights are turned on, when we step on the brake they all get brighter to signal stoping, Over seas, they only have 2 light bulbs on (one on each side), the other 2 are used as fog lights, and only turn on when you use the switch.

2) the power folding mirror switch is part of the main mirror directional switch, so you would have to do some customizing.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Taras

Post by Taras »

Where did you get your j-spec part? I'm looking the inside part of a passenger side door of a j-spec mx-3...i found one in NZ, but shipping is 3x the cost of the part :(
Vancouver, BC junkyard that has J-spec chops. Called JK Japanese Auto Parts. Hard to deal with, most of the time you have to go there in person, they will not commit to anything over the phone. What part are you looking for that is solely J-spec? May be some guys in OZ or NZ or UK may be able to source it for you. If we know the part we will keep our eyes peeled for you.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

Honestly, what is a rear fog light? I've never seen or heard of them before...
Required in ECE countries. Usually on the driver's side rear. The intensity is the same of a brake light. Ever driven in a thick fog and came up on a car too fast (don't drive too fast in a fog...) and almost did not see them, especially at dusk or dawn, when sky and the road blend together? That is what a rear fog light is for. I have noticed that Volvos, the new ones have them here too. I guess they do not bother changing the wiring for Canadian cars. Check your next Volvo when their front fogs are on, their rear ones are on as well, looks like one burnt out stop light that is on even when its not braking.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”