ARghhhh

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
ClutchedMX

ARghhhh

Post by ClutchedMX »

Hey everyone, been reading ahwile, decided i would finnaly commit.

There is some kind of internal oil leak in my engine right now. Im runnin the V6 and every cold start im blowin off some oil. little rough driving for about 50-60 seconds after cold start.

So who knows where the best place you can find a KLZE and the best price you seen em go for??
thanks
Jutzi420

Re: ARghhhh

Post by Jutzi420 »

Off the top of my head, Try Osaka JDM I'm pretty sure they're one of the cheapest around. I think they've got a good rep too, I haven't delt with them though.
ClutchedMX

Post by ClutchedMX »

wow 650$ for the engine

thanks man, huge help
ClutchedMX

Post by ClutchedMX »

this might be a dumb question to some of you but...

when i do the engine swap, is there any other parts i will need to purchase to make the engine run?

im having trouble believing its only 650$

i had my car checked out at a very professional garage and this mechanic was spittin out plenty large numbers, talkin about re-doing the engine totally to fix the problem.

theres gotta be more expenses than buy the engine and swap it and go
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

how many miles you have on that engine? which fuel you run? been abusing it for while or got it that way?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ClutchedMX

Post by ClutchedMX »

117XXX
premium

got it mid september, i drive it like its supposed to.

i had barelly driven it. i have a 77 mustang that me and friend restore, mostly my friend, i really havnt even driven it that much. maybe put 500 miles on it.

i got it from a dealership for 3,900
supposedly gone through all its inspections even though iv already found that iv had to bleed the brakes, refill the brake fluid that had leaked, an axle is bent.

it had just gotten on the lot 2 hours before i got it, i suppose i was a little excited to think through it.

the car runs great now, after ug et through the icky cold start, im just wondering if theres anything else i would need to buy to do a successfull KLZE swap. i know the problem is a internal oil leak and im getting some burn off on cold starts.

virtually un fixable unless you dump some good money and professional time into it, which means more money and would add up to more then i payed for the car.

so when i see the KLZE for only 650$ i just gotta wonder... when the mechanic says it would cost 4-6 grand to fix, does he mean buying the broken parts of the engine, taking it apart and replacing them and adding the labor cost of all that?

thats gotta be it...

<small>[ December 20, 2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: ClutchedMX ]</small>
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

650 seems a lot cheaper than what I remember last looking at that site. I'm sure a rebuilt K8 would go for more than that at a dealer. Plus most of the cost is gonna be labor.
ClutchedMX

Post by ClutchedMX »

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”