power windows sOOOOO slow

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
superslacker

power windows sOOOOO slow

Post by superslacker »

my power windows are obnoxiously slow especially when moved in unison. no other electronics seem bogged down in the car though. :confused:
marshmallow15

Re: power windows sOOOOO slow

Post by marshmallow15 »

check to see the silicone level of the rails that hold the window in. if there is none or its getting decayed, that could be your problem right there. you can pick some of this stuff up at most autoparts stores. also check to see if soemthing's misaligned.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

what silicone level?
mine arn't too slow but can be faster
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

if you take your door panel off you will see 2 rails on either side of the window, this is what he window slides up and down in. If there is no lubrication on the part that the window slides up and down on then its a good idea to put some there.
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

Take the whole rail system out, take it all apart. Clean it all up nicely, like basically wash the whole thing till the entire dirt and everything is out. then put it all back together and lubricate it again. It should dramatically change, if not, take the electric motor out and find someone who rebuilds them and get them to rewire the whole motor for you. :2thumbsup:
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

oops used the wrong term. i didn't mean the silicone level. but basically just clean that gunk out, then lubricate it again. i used a silicone-based product that stays greasy. my windows roll up and down super smooth.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”