????? for neon underbody kit install

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Sean Mandell

????? for neon underbody kit install

Post by Sean Mandell »

I am wondering how do you install the side neons without drilling holes? I don't have side skirts and wanted to know if there is a way to mount these without making holes in the metal?
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
markV6

Re: ????? for neon underbody kit install

Post by markV6 »

I also wanna know this answer!!!<p>i looked at attaching them to the chassis??? though this might look pap cos u'll be able to see the bulbs but i still wanna give it ago. if anyone else can help
Cryogen-X

Post by Cryogen-X »

I did it and i drill right into the chassis and you cant see the bulbs too bad. just be careful on the rear cuz its a pain
I love my Car!!
Not-His

Post by Not-His »

We installed underbody LEDs in mine last week and it was a real pain. We had to drill the screws in the metal under carrige. How did you install it in the back? We could not find a good place to mount it so we put it inside in the back deck. It actually works out ok. Since I have soo many setting with the leds (different colors and different light patterns)I can see what it looks like. However it would be nice to have an additional LED tube for the rear.
Mazda3

Post by Mazda3 »

I had to drill ones for the 2 side neons, can't see the bulb anymore due to my fx designs side skirts. They weren't really noticable before either. As for the front and rear the front neon is attached to the lip in front and is hidden behind that. My rear neon is up in my back bumper (OEM) style, you'll notice a hole above where your plate goes it's just above that so you can't see it and it lights up the plate as well as ground.<p>I don't know anyway to put them on the sides without drilling the hole. If you want to hide the bulb totally I seen people put a strip of rubber next to there bulb so they aren't noticable at night.

Return to “Appearance”