OEM bumper modded

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
NateDog

OEM bumper modded

Post by NateDog »

hey i started modding the OEM bumper of my mazda. i have the bottom grill cut out and i will be workin on the top grill this week. i have till the 7th to get it done. i have a car show that weekend. here are some pics.
Image<p>here is my pin stripes shaved.
Wildman640

Re: OEM bumper modded

Post by Wildman640 »

looking good. how is that sponsorship coming along?
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

they are dogging on the sponsorship right now. i have called about 2 times last week and they have been really busy. so its kinda hard to get ahold of some one.
Wildman640

Post by Wildman640 »

i hear that. I have been waiting for my packet to arrive for about 2 months now. everytime i call they just keep giving me the runaround so i said screw them. hell they will not even verify my address that the stuff is supposed to be sent to.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Just an FYI, Racer X is doing sponsorshios just to make money. They charge about 80 bucks for a sponsorship, send u a $20 packet and bank the 50 bucks. I didnt give them my credit card info, and they called and left me a message on my machine. my neighbor did and he was charged. Got a few stickers and a tshirt I believe. <p>There is a good point, u do get discounts on alot of stuff, but they care mostly major brands and those usually dont make jack for our cars, unless u go for seats n such.
If you can, find out what they charge for a seat , look it up on ebay, and see how big your discount is. If you paid like 450 for a set of lets say Tenzo-R seats, they sellers make about ~50+ per set. Test the waters, see what the discount is. 80 bucks is cheap if your getting them wholesale. There scheme is to sponsor everybody thats willing to pay, charge 80 bucks, make some money off of the fee, Send stickers for advertising, and sell u @ a discount yet still make more money. Great idea. IF your not going to buy alot of stuff, they basically just took your money. If you can save 80 bcuks, its WELL worth it. Especially when u can buy parts for others and sell (if they allow u to buy more of 1 thing or stuff for diff cars.)
you should get u a catalog, post some of your discounts so others may sign up. I didnt pay that 80 bucks so Im still curious on how big your discount is.
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

my bumper is also comming along, latest pics from today. I want to mold the moded lip into the bumper with fiberglass this week.<p>Image
<br>
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Looking good, nice work.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

hey nate dog i did the same thing you did to your bumper last week.. i must say you are very creative it looks so much cleaner and sexier. i haven't had time to bondo the cuts yet though, but its not noticeable.<p>hey ryencool, how much would you charge for those lips that you're making. maybe you can make me a custom one? i want one like in that pic, but a little bit lower, that'd be sweet.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
sikblue

Post by sikblue »

i made thoose lips, its easy man... just cut them.. that was a complete lip but i cut it to make it look agressive before i got my kit
2 more weeks....
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

you can just cut the oem lip to make those, thats how the bumper was when I got it, just cut it a little more the match the curves better. I was thinking of fiberglassing them and sellin em, just so the rs guys can have somthing to bolt on
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

i called Racer X and they told me that they are working on a contract w/ cork sport! if they go through w/ it that will be so worth it! thanx for the compliments on the bumper. i will keep u all posted on my progress w/ the top grill hole

Return to “Appearance”