rims bending on bumpy roads??

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
ilovemymazda

rims bending on bumpy roads??

Post by ilovemymazda »

i am looking for rims and i plan on ordering them from discountiredirect.com but the roads in my area are kinda bumpy so i was told to get 16" instead of 17" i think this is b.s. i want to get some enkei's and the tires and rims is like around $850 for 17" thanks again
mx3man83

Re: rims bending on bumpy roads??

Post by mx3man83 »

17 inch rims will be just fine on bumpy roads, unless they are as bumpy as they are in the Jeep commercials... :p seriously, unless you buy race-only rims, 17's can handle a bumpy road.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

not b.s., if you're worried then make sure the rims you buy are quality, and have at least 5 spokes, if you're still keen on 17's, then you'd probably want to run you're tire pressures a lil soft - you can't (shouldn't) fix bent rims though!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Your average bumpy road will not bend your average 17 inch rim.<p>[ April 17, 2003: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</p>
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

My 17" wheels are just fine. I've hit potholes 1 foot deep and over 60 km/h by mistake, and I never put a dent in them at all.<p>They only weigh 16 lbs too.<p>My tires are 205/40/17, so that's pretty thin, and my tire pressure it set at 32 psi to 34 psi.<p>You'll be fine, unless you want to rally them. Then you'll run into problems.<p>In order to crack or seriously bend a wheel you have to REALLY SMOKE a pothole or bump.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Mx3LilSix

Post by Mx3LilSix »

I have 17's on my mx-3. You really gotta watch out for blowout's...I had a huge blowout...cracked and bent the rim. Once the rim was cracked I had to get a new one and my rims are not that easy to find...they were talking about machining a new one for me...$$$. But I finally found a replacement. But all in all...Get 17's. And keep your old rims...use those as your Drag rims...cause you get tires cheaper through those. <p>Jman

Return to “Appearance”