Maaco

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Re: Maaco

Post by neverenuff »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jordanmx3:
alright here it goes,your right you get what you pay for(hint you get what you pay for).don't expect to have a baddass paint job and only wanna spend 300 bucks.i work for the best damn macco shop ever,and we use air compressed sanders we ain't cheap.and we use dupont paint last time i checked that's good ****.we paint graffics on hoods,bikes,what ever you want.the owner is young,everybody in the shop drives hooked up imports and muscle cars.and the pepole who want good *** paint jobs and pay good money get the phat ****.we do wet sand and buff ifyou pay the money<hr></blockquote><p>
This is all true, and I think that yes Macco can give a good job. But the reality is that you do not hear many people talking positive about Macco. I think what we were all tring to say is "Macco for the most part gives a bad paint job" and that no matter what the price you pay, A person should get a decent job. For example I know a couple of people that have gone their for just paint. Their car's was already primered, all they had to do was prep,mask off, and paint. The end result was a nice amount of orange peal, and some very noticeable dust in the paint. There was also a few small runs along with some fish eye. Now, all this was not in one car but, it was between two. If all Macco's were like the one you work at, they might have a better reputation.
jordanmx3

Post by jordanmx3 »

very true my mx3 buddy very true!
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

Thanks for the input guys. In the end, I decided to forgo the Maaco and use a bit of my own elbow grease. I spent about $30 and bought all of the things neccessary to go through the Meguir's Deep Crystal polish/wax thingy. And OMG, my car is beautiful now, all of the dull spots are gone, it looks like a brand new car. I'll post some before and after pics as soon as I get my pictures uploaded. I'm very happy with Meguir's and I would definitely recommend it to anyone now. On the down side, it did take me 4 hours to do, and my arm hurst like hell LOL, but I think it was definitely worth it. My car is beautiful once again :)

Return to “Appearance”