Question??

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
your2slow

Question??

Post by your2slow »

Just woundering what some of u would do if u had a little scratch on the hood of your car. My brothers BMX bike fell and it took a little chip of the paint. Just woundering the best way to fix this up. No rush so don't have to get back to me fast. Thanks .
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
markV6

Re: Question??

Post by markV6 »

If it's only small you could maybe use a touch in paint made by a paint supplier... take it to a garage and have it repaired... or if its just a small scratch t-cut it out.
I'd go for the touch in paint > but thats cos I'm waitin for my bodykit to get a respray
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Touch up paint may not necassarily match your car, my friend tried this and it didn't work at all. I'll get some pointers from a body guy I know and post what he said.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
markV6

Post by markV6 »

I never said that it was ideal but it's a good temporary fix... I got a noble green one made up by a paint shop and no-one could tell the difference except under close inspection. This was for a stone chip. If you got the cash take it to a proffesional they should get it to look like new! :shrug:
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

Well the Car is black, so i'm hoping the touch up paint will blend in better then other colors. About taking it in for repair, I was told that to get it fixed they would have to paint the entire hood, to make it blend in and that would cost about 200 Cnd. (not sure if this is true, but a friend had the same issue and that's what he had to pay to get it fixed) So i really wanna try something myself, if possible. I really don't care if it's not perfect but at least not to noticable. AND again, Thanks for all the replys.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Touch up paint may not necassarily match your car, my friend tried this and it didn't work at all. I'll get some pointers from a body guy I know and post what he said. <hr></blockquote><p>Thanks Alot for taking the time to ask and get some info for me 992mmx3.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

The touch-up paint works pretty well, I have a bunch of rock chips in the front of my car, and it covers them up until you get a few feet away and then you can tell it's not quite the right shade. But it's better than just having bare metal because you don't want rust to start there.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image

Return to “Appearance”