GTR wing & front bumper installation

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)

GTR wing & front bumper installation

Post by Guest »

Hi, I just ordered the GTR wing and the front bumper with the big oval opening.
Bought them from TOPMIX in Hong Kong. :D <p>Is there anything I should know about fitting these parts when they get here?? Are they good quality??<p>I live in England and hence have never seen these parts actually fitted on an MX3, think mine must be one of the first.<p>I would appreciate your anyones gud advice, THANKS.
markV6

Re: GTR wing & front bumper installation

Post by markV6 »

gud lad!
how much did they cost ya?
I'm trying to get the gtr wing myself the only trouble is at the min it's gonna work out well expensive.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

The Top Mix GTR wing is extremely well quality and fits fairly well. The only known issue I have seen is that on one side there will be a slightly larger gap then other side, there isn't much you can do about that unless you mold the wing into the hatch. It's not very noticable though.<p>It is a very difficult install though, unless you actually know what you are doing I wouldn't recommend installing it yourself. I've known two other people who have tired to install themselves and ran into trouble. It's best to just let a body shop do it properly and right.<p>Here are some close up shots of the wing:<p>Image<p>Image<p>Image<p>Image<p>More pictures here:
http://www.zerokarma.com/mx-3/photos_new.htm<p>[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: Andrew_Pakula ]</p>
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

Not sure but is this the front bumber you are talking about????<p>Image
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
markV6

Post by markV6 »

that car does look pretty sick... I like his side skirts! and the rear spoiler. does anyone have any feedback on Pakfiefer?
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

I have the Erebuni GTR wing which is the same thing. I have to agree with Andrew Pakula. I highly recommend having a profesional install it for you. If you're going to put it in yourself, you going to need an extra hand.
For the front bumper, your going to need some brakets to install. The stock bumpers reinforcement is not going to fit with the oval bumper. You don't need the reinforcement to put it in but if you get into an accident, you may have the engine sitting in your lap. I suggest building a custimized reinforcement.
I hope this helps. <p>later,
dee<p>Image
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

That wing is awesome I just wish it wasn't so expensive. It's way out of my price range. :-(
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

Andrew, what's the best place in Canada to get that wing? I love it!! And if you don't mind me asking, approx how much is it?
Thanks!
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
steven

Post by steven »

where can u buy the stock thing that it is flat like the flat thing under neath the gtr wing????
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

The garnish? I think that is part of the new wing.. You remove your old GS spoiler and install this one in its place. Correct me if I am wrong?
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> The garnish? I think that is part of the new wing.. You remove your old GS spoiler and install this one in its place. Correct me if I am wrong? <hr></blockquote><p>Correct. If you have the GS spoiler, then u'll need to get the hatch garnish. Seen a few of them (still in pretty good condition) at some local junk yards in here in London Ontario.
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

for the Topmix GTR spoiler you DO NOT need a hatch garnish... for a Fx designs one you do.
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)

Post by Guest »

Thanks for all the replies, the front bumper sounds a bit of a worry but Im not sure if my car actually has the front impact bar anyway (coz its a 1991).<p>Thanks for the pics, mines that bluish green so I now got a pretty gud idea of wot its gonna look like! :D <p>To anyone else in the UK, it took me forever to get any kind of response from Topmix HK, but it eventually cost me £350 including shipping to the Southampton seaport.
I have to arrange the rest of the delivery to my door or pik it up myself, and probs pay customs/import charges aswell.
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

I dunno if it would be illegal @ all or not, even if it is, its out of my $#itgiving point, :D
I would suggest that the next person who gets it, tries to copy the spoiler somehow, i mean there is got to be some place that is able to make an exact 10 copies of this spoiler for alot cheaper price than what these Aholes are charging us eh, :shrug:
honestly the price of this piece is about the same price that you pay for a complete bodykit, why,,, :shrug:
PS: its 430 CDN$ here in toronto, canada last time i wanted to buy one, but the price is just outragious.
bout2001

Post by bout2001 »

same for me i want one but i don't want to pay 500$CDN for it.
chameleon paint, g-force kit, black and blue vinyl interior
web site :http://pages.infinit.net/mx3/

Return to “Appearance”