Question about summer tires!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Runninit

Question about summer tires!

Post by Runninit »

Hey hows it going guys well the spring is here and i am ready to put on my rims !
i was going to get 205/45/16's which wheel and tires zone said is the safest size to put on so it doesn't wreck your spedometer and such !
i wanted to put a little bit of a lower profile such as 205/40/16's but they said it was not a good idea. can someone give me some suggesitons or any type of comments towards this thanx so much
Mx-3 all the way baby! It aint a girls car thats all i have to say...
craftydarren

Re: Question about summer tires!

Post by craftydarren »

I just installed 205/45/16 Yokohama Prada Spec-2 tires on my RS; these are Max Performance summer tires according to tirerack.com. I previously had the stock 14 inch tires (185/65/14). I have noticed the handling is a little better. The ride isn't as harsh as others led me to believe it would be. In fact, the ride is comfortable enough that if I had to do it over again I would get 17inch wheels instead. <p>But these Yokohama tires look cool - each half of the tire looks different.<p>I'm gonna lower the car to get rid of this gap above the tire. Even though the wheel is bigger, the overall tire/wheel assembly is about the same size. I think that's why the spedometer is still accurate.<p>The only thing I don't like is that it's too hard to spin the tires now. On the 14 inch wheels with these cheap tires I had, I could spin the tires at like 30mph. Oh well...<p>So to summarize, I like the Yokohamas and I would recommend them, but I would get 17 inch wheels if I were you.
16" ASA wheels, Yokohama Prada Spec 2 tires, Tokiko Premium struts, H&R Lowering Springs.
Runninit

Post by Runninit »

i alreayd have 16" wheels and i am putting them on next week soo thanx for all the info
Mx-3 all the way baby! It aint a girls car thats all i have to say...
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

I've got some Kumho 205 40zr17s on my car. Te ride is great, actually smoother with them than my winter tires on stock steel rims.
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

I also have Kumho 17's, and they are pretty good, especially for the low price. They are very quiet.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image

Return to “Appearance”