group design- custom MX-3

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mx3optidrive

Re: group design- custom MX-3

Post by mx3optidrive »

Hey rob, it is me, the one you bought the rear bumper off. If you want to redo the seats in your car, in black and red vinyl, I am getting mine done for $500 for the front and the rear seats at a local shop. If you are interested then e-mail me and we will see what we can do. Later man.<p>Jeff
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
laboiler

Post by laboiler »

I'd like to go a little different than the typical mods. It seems most folks here like the same things, has anyone got any new ideas they'd like to see developed. And the agressor kit is already 1/2 done. All the vents will have chrome mesh inserts including the side panels. So with that said, what's next?
...does not play well with others.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

different? do a widebody or some sort of widebody fender
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
laboiler

Post by laboiler »

That's a good idea Marshmallow15, What do you think about just widening the rear 1/4s. Maybe 1-2" wider and stuffing in some monster meats 17"x8" rims with 45's. I think it could look good with my body kit. I'll talk to my body guy. :D
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

definetly ditch the aluminum wing. no offense to anyone that has one but i don't like them at all. personally i like the superstyle with LED brake light. it's simple, but you can tell it's not stock. better than the combat style that everyone seems to be driving around with these days. and if nothing else it serves a purpose with the built in brake light, because face it, none of us want downforce on the back of our MX3s. :)
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

more like everyone have the superstyle instead of the combat... almost every car on the road are getting those universal supra spoilers :shrug:
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
laboiler

Post by laboiler »

re last post: That's why I don't mind using the aluminum wing.
I noticed in another topic someone was asking about wing installation, and said that there may be a fitting problem as there is no where to mount the aluminum wing. You just have to modify the base and mount it through the steel under the hatch garnish.
I've decided to follow some other suggestions from you all. We will have the interior trim painted the Viper red to match the body color. The shop guarantees it won't look "rice". Also some interior lighting/under seats/dash etc.
A buddy can create custom instrument faces too. It looks like indiglow but uses "eyebrow" lighting (any color)...thinking flames.
Another suggestion was Chrome graphics. Does anyone of a shop in N.S. that'll work with chrome. No one here will ($$$$$$)
Keep the ideas comin, I still haven't heard back on a price to widen the 1/4s
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

ditch the aluminum wing i say also.. stick with the stock or wrap-around spoiler... or the supra style but as someone mentioned a lot of cars have them now.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Hey Rob, do you think you could hook me up with some of those instrument faces? if you can, e-mail me.
Thanks, Jeff
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
laboiler

Post by laboiler »

I'll see what I can do for the guage faces. :D
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

thanks! :D
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Just to let you know, there are several companies that make indiglo gauges for the MX-3....in case you didn't know. If you did know and you are just going for something different, then nevermind. If you are interested in indiglo, check out www.speedut.com
laboiler

Post by laboiler »

Thanks for the link. The guage face replacement I was talking about is very inexpensive...I think $15.00. The guy just scans your original face, and changes colour and adds graphics. The trick is to use acid free paper so it won't yellow. Looks very trick. He can put anything on it, I've seen one with a real pic of the inside of a mouth (teeth tongue ect). Kinda gross but it gives you some idea of what can be done. That one I would not recommend, but to copy the graphics of the car looks very cool.

Return to “Appearance”